548 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
TortoiseTree says

I am still within my first year (I posted my first song late June) so I don’t have anything to compare to as far as holiday lulls and stuff. But since I started, every month has been better than the last, including over the holidays. Surprisingly January was my best month by a significant margin, both sales and profit and February is following the trend and is actually set to go even a little bit higher.

Back in October I was the Featured Authot of the Week. While that gave me a real push, the real increase in sales came afterwards. I really believe it comes down to the quality and type of material you’re writing. Try to be as objective as you possibly can and hold yourself to the highest standard possible when creating material. I don’t want to sound arrogant and I certainly have a long way to go myself but if it doesn’t sound like it was produced in a million dollar studio, don’t expect it to be a huge hit.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the advice man and well done on getting so many sales in such little time. Goes to show the cream really rises here on AudioJungle!

548 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
TortoiseTree says

Just to go the opposite direction ;)

Historically, January has been my best month. I’ve always had a sales record on the 3 Januarys that I’ve been here. I have no idea why this is.

Biggest lull for me historically has been July. No surprise really, most people are on holiday.

That;s interesting Gareth, thanks for the feedback. Also, I read the story on how one guy bought all your packs! Must feel pretty awesome! Well done man!

1103 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says

Hello All

While i notice from time to time some lower sales per month, i have to say, that within the last 2 years, my sales are every month about the same amount (maybe +/- $50). Sometimes i even thought, there must be a hidden fairy or troll, throttle or boost my sales so it comes to the same amout every single month :)

It did not matter if i made more or less promotion or uploaded songs or not, so i can’t really tell what helps and what not.

Keep the faith every one out there :)

422 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Romania
studio_21 says

I usually have sales every day. It`s not much but it`s a constant rate.. for the last half year ;). Sometimes I get more (to my surprise).

422 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Romania
studio_21 says

TortoiseTree – the song can sound like it was produced in a trillion dollar studio, if it`s not catchy enough and it`s not what the customer wants , then oops , bad luck!

1103 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
SonicCube says

TortoiseTree – the song can sound like it was produced in a trillion dollar studio, if it`s not catchy enough and it`s not what the customer wants , then oops , bad luck!

Who needs a trillion dollar studio nowadays to create a decent soundquality ?

1148 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+4 more
garethcoker Reviewer says

Who needs a trillion dollar studio nowadays to create a decent soundquality ?

You don’t, but you can certainly increase your chances, by hiring great people and great facilities. Also, if you’re recording an orchestra, it’s essential to have a great engineer and a fantastic sounding room.

by
by
by
by
by
by