548 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

(errr, infringement)

Given recent events…now would be a nice time to know the policy.

I would hope one doesn’t get a second chance to remain an author here given something so serious.

1039 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
Pixelworkshop says

Yes, I remember a couple of authors who had their account disabled. The first one had a template too similar to an existing website, the other one was selling a couple of items from here somewhere else.

548 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

Thanks for reply :)

18 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+5 more
AndonDesign says

Unfortunately, my recent post on a similar subject has been “sanitized” and locked and since then I’ve been receiving a lot of curious emails from people. I wanted to raise the subject not so much on copyright infringement but the moral/ethical point of copying somebody else’s work and the implications of that.

We all know what’s permitted and what not by copyright, but what do you say when trying to update a theme from within that theme’s backend and the links are taking you to another theme, or the changelog information displayed belongs to another theme from a different author, is this bad or is this bad?? :evil:

I’m not going to say anything else because my post might get flagged again, so I’ll stop here!!

Regards

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Yes, in a marketplace with this many members it unfortunately does happen. Locking, if you ever have any concerns copyright issues go straight to support not the forums. Thanks guys.

by
by
by
by
by
by