• Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

So who’s writing some Halloween themed music?

Do people buy halloween music?

I’ve written a piece over the last couple of days and just wondering if it’s worth writing a few more

Will be good to hear about your experiences :)

1420 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
Mihai_Sorohan says

Danny Elfman I think…
1528 posts
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Danny Elfman I think…

Thanks for joining in, yeah I’ve been listening Elfman the last couple of days for some inspiration, he’s one of my favourite composers. Are you writing anything for Halloween? Is it a big selling time?

1420 posts
  • Norway
Mihai_Sorohan says

I have some stuff but not selling as good as other items. Maybe not enough advertising for those…

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts
Threads Started
144 posts
  • United States
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
PatrickAThompson says

I’m branding mine as Halloween\Horror\Suspense…. That way, it pops up for Halloween, but it’s still useful for the other 11 months of the year…

Now.. to be REALLY honest, I just scored a film for a 48-Hour Zombie Film competition (while retaining ownership of my rights)... and I just added the cues on AJ… (we won 2nd place) :)

I do have one track that I did for fun, called “Spiderjuice”... trying to emulate Elfman’s sound from Beetlejuice…. I’m afraid it’s too quirky to be anything BUT Halloween… but as I always say, “If you don’t post it, you can’t sell it.”

547 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
TortoiseTree says

I wanted to hop on that bandwagon but got in a bit too late! The envato collection for halloween already came out so I’m guessing those tracks will be the ones that will do really well as they are getting all the exposure. Also I’m still on holiday and don’t get back till the 12th so I can’t write much new till then! I’m putting my bets on christmas sales myself, preparing for that gravy train!!

1528 posts
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

I’m branding mine as Halloween\Horror\Suspense…. That way, it pops up for Halloween, but it’s still useful for the other 11 months of the year…

Now.. to be REALLY honest, I just scored a film for a 48-Hour Zombie Film competition (while retaining ownership of my rights)... and I just added the cues on AJ… (we won 2nd place) :)

I do have one track that I did for fun, called “Spiderjuice”... trying to emulate Elfman’s sound from Beetlejuice…. I’m afraid it’s too quirky to be anything BUT Halloween… but as I always say, “If you don’t post it, you can’t sell it.”

Yeah that makes sense. That’s awesome and what a great selling point, good luck!

I will check out spider juice, I’ve just finished writing my Elfman inspired track, which also is no good for anything but Halloween I think, but that was kind of the aim anyway, people looking for Halloween music may only want music that is very clearly that.

Very true, good thing to remember while on AJ :)

1528 posts
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

I wanted to hop on that bandwagon but got in a bit too late! The envato collection for halloween already came out so I’m guessing those tracks will be the ones that will do really well as they are getting all the exposure. Also I’m still on holiday and don’t get back till the 12th so I can’t write much new till then! I’m putting my bets on christmas sales myself, preparing for that gravy train!!

Ah man I didn’t see that, I doubt I would have gotten on it anyway as I’m pretty new with only 9 sales! Sounds like a plan, maybe I’ll start Christmas music from now, should be fun to write :)

1420 posts
  • Norway
Mihai_Sorohan says

now I see that there is a Halloween collection, and as usual, my files are not there… maybe a name like “Frankenstein’s Waltz” or “Mysterious Church” doesn’t ring any kind of bells…

198 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
adammonroe says

That kind of music is always fun to write, IMO .

by
by
by
by
by
by