88 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
LaMusique says

Hi,

There are lots of freelance guitar, bass and drums players around the world who can record tracks at their home. Probably I’ll need one of those in the near future. Is there some sort of a site or forum where all those freelancers gather and I could choose and hire them? And what is the general price for one 2-3 minutes track per musician nowadays?

Thanks, LaMusique

924 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

Don’t you already play guitar? :)

I don’t know of a good forum, though I’m also interested in such a site (as an author) so I’m hoping someone here will have some good links.

Though I bet AJ would be a good place to start – you could probably post a specific need and get a ton of replies, or just contact an individual author whom you already know can do the types of tracks that you’re thinking of. For instance, if you happen to need acoustic fingerpicking (hint hint)...

As for a standard price, I think it would depend on the nature of the work. Personally, I always look at it as a per hour thing, so for instance it would be less if I’m strumming 3 chords for 3 minutes than if I need to compose and perform an intricate 3 minute solo over numerous chord changes.

88 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
LaMusique says

Hi JHunger,

I play guitar, piano and bass a little, but I’m a composer :) I need a professional Electro Guitarist with a professional sound and great technique.

The idea to contact the guys from Augiojungle is great! I think I’ll do this.

It would be great to have a pool of musicians gathered in one specific site dedicated to this purpose, though, so you could listen to all of them, choose and hire from one place.

873 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says
LaMusique said
Hi JHunger,

I play guitar, piano and bass a little, but I’m a composer :) I need a professional Electro Guitarist with a professional sound and great technique.

The idea to contact the guys from Augiojungle is great! I think I’ll do this.

It would be great to have a pool of musicians gathered in one specific site dedicated to this purpose, though, so you could listen to all of them, choose and hire from one place.

I might be interested, get in touch.

3 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
metrolightmusic says

Definitely check out eSession as well. I have numerous people in the biz who have used that site with great success. There are a ton of great players on there.

http://www.esession.com/
by
by
by
by
by
by