• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says
On a slightly unrelated note. Computer prices in Holland piss me off. They really do. I mean, look at the friggin price of a mbp. Depending on the dollar-euro rate, there’s about a difference in 400 euros. FOUR HUNDRED euros.

Agreed.
1 month later, I’m on a macbook pro

Well, you must come here to Turkey and see our prices first (not only hardware/electronics related, but many other things like, internet connection/speed costs, comunication, education, health, gaz ect. we are the most expensive country on the planet on this products and services)...you will be so glad and feel so lucky you are in the EU :D

2201 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says
On a slightly unrelated note. Computer prices in Holland piss me off. They really do. I mean, look at the friggin price of a mbp. Depending on the dollar-euro rate, there’s about a difference in 400 euros. FOUR HUNDRED euros.

Agreed.
1 month later, I’m on a macbook pro
Well, you must come here to Turkey and see our prices first (not only hardware/electronics related, but many other things like, internet connection/speed costs, comunication, education, health, gaz ect. we are the most expensive country on the planet on this products and services)...you will be so glad and feel so lucky you are in the EU :D

The EU isn’t a unity in everything. Holland is probably one of the most heavily taxed countries in the EU.

1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Singapore
HirumaShiro says

Its a nice topic…. For graphics design, my default software is always photoshop cs2 which have been with me for almost 4 years…. Inspirations are hard to come by for me… So, what i always do is just take any random photos or online images and create random types from them, be it backgrounds or the simplest, signatures….

I most of the time, finish my works in 10-20 min time not because im rushing my works but simply i like the do “frenzied” work….. Stopping only when its completed, and begin touch-up from there….

1603 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+9 more
PatrikL Reviewer says

Great topic :) (Even if it were going some sort of topic :P )

I always start of using a pen and paper to draw a rough scetch of what I want and what to do with it.. As you might understand I have a whole bunch of unused designs just lying around and making a mess :P But it´s totally worth it.. Cause at some point I need them again or to draw inspiration from them..

I make my designs and alot of my work on my very own MacBook Pro ;) Works like a charm everyday and has never fucked up a design so badly I couldn´t use it.. (My MacBook only cost me €80 since I sold them myself :P ) I sometimes uses my 42” LCD TV as a monitor to see how it looks in HighDef and if the work has any major pixels showing..

My software of choice is always Photoshop and a piece of paper and pen.. Right now I use Photoshop CS3 since I didn´t like CS4 as much as that so I traded down a hatch and stayed with CS3 .. :) I also use Illustrator and InDesign sometimes as well as Dreamweaver.. And I just love to walk around with a video camera and capture the movements of objects and let my friend play around with the material since he´s a master on AfterEffects :)

Inspiration comes from all around me.. From the nature of birds flying or fishes jumping in the water.. Even from TV sometimes.. But mostly my inspiration comes from looking at other artwork on the web.. Mostly deviantArt and Envato Marketplaces ;)

I usually take my time on designs and makes myself watch them over and over again to see if everything is perfect and are the quality I want.. (Usually I´m NEVER satisfied) I can spend almost 3-4 hours with my pen and paper and then up to 80-90 hours on the computer making the design work and be the quality I want.. And as I said, I´m NEVER satisfied with my own work.. :P (Almost) :P

I´ve been a designer for almost (I think it´s) 5 years now and I´ve made a good penny out of it sometimes.. But I´ve never made a living out of it.. Not yet anyway :P Someday I hope I could open up a new site that would be one of the biggest and most popular sites on the web.. But I guess that´s have to wait since I´m working full time and moving at the sametime and spend time with my GF so :P ALOT TO DO :P And I also review designs on http://reviewmydesign.net when I get the time :P

Aah, that´s enough information about me :O (Became alot more than I thougt it would :P )

A final word to all beginners out there.. Always start by taking a pen and paper to draw a very rough design and then transfer it to the computer.. It has always worked for me and are great when it comes to showing a rough scetch for a client when you´re still there meeting with them.. (When or if you meet them) And take your time on your designs.. You always get the best quality if you do..

by
by
by
by
by
by