812 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+4 more
delgibbons says

I’m just hoping everyone takes a leaf from NI and Waves book and starts using on Hard Disk licensing…so much easier than worrying about dongles. Bloody things aren’t very sturdy either; one of my elicensers fell apart in a suitcase of mine, luckily I managed to retrieve my Cubase licenses onto another elicenser

565 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

The worst thing is we actually have to pay a substantial amount of money (1 or even 2 weeks worth of food for one person) for every dongle. And that’s in Europe; let’s not get started for those poor people in Thailand orso. We live in a world where we have to pay more money to proove that we purchased something, where companies can just take away that what we purchaseed (licenses), and then you’ll never hear from them again. Yeah that’s right: I still haven’t received any reply whatsoever. Typical. I’ll wait a couple of more hours, if still no reply by then, I’ll be looking into PayPal service for reclaiming money. That’s how it was payed a little while ago.

565 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

That’s great to hear gball. I’m happy for you :) I still haven’t had any reply whatsoever. As expected tbh. And when I magically get some reply sometime in the future, I’m very afraid it will be a total no-brainer like: turn off your firewall and if that does not work contact us again (< insert another period of waiting >; rinse & repeat).
What I did was send a provisional email to EW support – got a case number – then emailed licensing@eastwestsounds.com with the case number and brief message. Then waited a couple of hours and then resent the same message again. I got new activations for two products really quickly. Just keep emailing them the same message – it worked for me! I hope you get your problems sorted very quickly – good luck to you.

Thank you so much gballx. This approach has solved (sort of) the issues for me. I contacted EWQL’s support department, got a case number indeed, and within 2 hours I received a reply from them therein instructing me to take this to EWQL’s licensing support. And so I did. 12 hours later I received an email from the licensing support:

Hello, I’ve deposited your licenses directly to ilok.com’s License Manager. Please log into the License Manager, Locate your new license toward the middle of the manager, click on the license, select activate, and select the ilk you’d like the product associated to. You do not need to authorize using a code after this process.

The software is now functioning again; no more licensing errors. However: the iLok License Manager is still epic fail for it doesn’t really work other than this. In addition: PACE/iLok still has not replied.

People who are reading this topic, or might stumble on this topic on Google: please be very, very aware of products using iLok. I’m just an average guy like anyone and I became subject to this company’s failure. It can very well happen to you. Sure, things can go wrong, which is ok/understandable, but not getting any feedback to your urgent money-costing support requests is, well, very bad. EastWest / Quantum Leap on the other hand responded very fast and they also solved it very fast. As stated above. It is a terrible shame how iLok brings the name of EastWest down, for their products really are very good. And so is their support as far as I can tell from this. Be very, very aware of iLok. I’m not just saying this for the matter of complaining, just warning.

by
by
by
by
by
by