32 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United Kingdom
simonwarner says

Just interested if most people here just do this for a bit of fun / extra cash / or if this is their full time job? Would be very int intrested! I currently have just started because I love writing music and it’s always great to make a few extra quid!

565 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Waderman says

Hey Simon, I´m living in a beach chair and music is my passion. It´s just for a hundfull of dollar but with professional requirement to myself.

Cheers Dirk

446 posts
  • Korea, Republic of
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Joonique_Sound says

For most it would be for fun and extra cash :) there are not many people living from it.

32 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
simonwarner says

Yeah I don’t think it would be easy to make a living from it! Whats everyone best tips to get purchases though? I mean, do you make what you love, or do you follow the market to get sales?

625 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PaBlikMM says

I did some calculation and i will need to sell about 110 items per month i have the same money as i have from my regular job :)

And i think, that this is not impossible (now after 10 weeks on AJ i have approx. 30 sales per month …) Hope it will be only better :)

Pavel “CHA!”

32 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
simonwarner says

I did some calculation and i will need to sell about 110 items per month i have the same money as i have from my regular job :)

And i think, that this is not impossible (now after 10 weeks on AJ i have approx. 30 sales per month …) Hope it will be only better :)

Pavel “CHA!”

Cheers! 10 weeks ay? How many items do you recon you have loaded weekly (on an average)? And what category do you mainly focus in uploading in?

Thanks Again!

625 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PaBlikMM says

Pavel “CHA!”

Cheers! 10 weeks ay? How many items do you recon you have loaded weekly (on an average)? And what category do you mainly focus in uploading in?

Thanks Again!

In the very begin it was about 7-8 new song/week ´cos i had some music in my sleeves ready for upload – now its about 1 max.2 songs/week. I dont focus on specific category but i feel good in indie pop/rock (when i can plug my guitar and play crazy things!) and what the market need :D Its 50/50 on what i really love to write and what i think will sell :)

And sorry for my english :) LOL

Pavel

32 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
simonwarner says

Pavel “CHA!”

Thanks Again!

In the very begin it was about 7-8 new song/week ´cos i had some music in my sleeves ready for upload – now its about 1 max.2 songs/week. I dont focus on specific category but i feel good in indie pop/rock (when i can plug my guitar and play crazy things!) and what the market need :D Its 50/50 on what i really love to write and what i think will sell :)

And sorry for my english :) LOL

Pavel

Thanks! I will keep that in mind in the future when I upload more tracks. I have 2 being reviewed at the moment – you should check them out in a few days when they will (hopefully) be on sale!

490 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
MartijndeBont says

I could live from it but I choose not to simply because AJ isn’t a very steady income. I’m making quite some bucks right now, but will I still have the same amount of sales next year, or the year after that? I don’t know, so I decided to keep my daytime job next to composing music.

32 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
simonwarner says

Yes I suppose that is a clever idea! Would love to know a bit more about your audiojungle history:, ie. how long ago did you join? How many tracks do you upload a week (average), what sort of category to you have most tracks in, how many sales do you get a week?..etc

Cheers!

by
by
by
by
by
by