4621 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Community Superstar
  • Author Level 4
  • Weekly Top Seller
+10 more
ToivoMedia
says

I’m making some loop tracks, and when I save mp3s a small gap is added at the beginning and end, any idea how to get round this? I’m saving the files in Soundforge. Thanks!

292 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
+13 more
dejans
says

Try WinLAME, excellent encoder, and it gives you an option for NOGAP encoding, for seamless looping.

4621 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Community Superstar
  • Author Level 4
  • Weekly Top Seller
+10 more
ToivoMedia
says

Cool thanks, downloaded it. That should do the job.

3289 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Envato Team
  • 8 Years of Membership
  • Canada
  • Envato Live Participant
+17 more
ADG3studios
Envato team
says

Great tip Dejans, thanks! :)

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

great tip indeed! ;) although FL Studio has an option to export track without gaps, it doesn’t actually work for mp3 files, so I always had to cut my mp3 files manually via Audacity.

Symphony-of-Specters
Symphony-of-Specters Recent Posts Threads Started
197 posts SoS - Custom Music and More!
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
+11 more
Symphony-of-Specters
says
great tip indeed! ;) although FL Studio has an option to export track without gaps, it doesn’t actually work for mp3 files, so I always had to cut my mp3 files manually via Audacity.

that would not actually work and if you reload your exported track you should find the gap remains. This is because the mp3 information is actually stored at the end/beginning of the track and this is what causes this “gap”.

I personally use a neat little tool called trimMP3 which lets me cut out the last 2-3 frames of the mp3 which would house this info. I sometimes lose the info I put on the mp3 from this but I get that looping mp3 sound which for clients always proves big plus.

Thanks for the winLAME tip, will try that out! Maybe it’ll be quicker and easier.

4621 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Community Superstar
  • Author Level 4
  • Weekly Top Seller
+10 more
ToivoMedia
says

Yep, I found the gap stayed after encoding with WinLAME. I decided to just use wav files, since it’s easier!

292 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
+13 more
dejans
says

What did you use for playback after encoding?

4621 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Community Superstar
  • Author Level 4
  • Weekly Top Seller
+10 more
ToivoMedia
says

I loaded it into Soundforge to check the file.

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says
that would not actually work and if you reload your exported track you should find the gap remains. This is because the mp3 information is actually stored at the end/beginning of the track and this is what causes this “gap”.
well, actually, I’ve tried out the mp3 files after trimming them in Audacity and they loop perfectly, just like wav files. I use foobar2000 player under Windows.
by
by
by
by
by
by