• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says
Personally, I like to point one thing: Regardless of the freelancer’s skills, it is simply risky to give the files to random people especially on the same stock site’s forum.

yes that is the whole point of my argument, thank you VF… I wonder if other stock sites have a forum where anyone can join and help out with stock files… it just seems very risky if it’s not moderated.

1234 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
MBMedia says

Even if there were simply a section where a user that you agree to do freelance for could turn you in if you didn’t do the job at all. A system as simple as that would help, then people could be aware of the freelancers that are just after files.

553 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
Pirenko says

DS idea is good, but not fully achievable in my opinion. Some valid reasons were already pointed for that. The main reason in my opinion is that Flashden checks files before they are approved and ensures their quality. “Freelanceden” can’t do that (large number and complexity of requests) and unsatisfied users/freelance buyers might even abandon Flashden because of this.
Also I don’t think that the size of a Flashden portfolio shows flash user skills. My portfolio is of small size, but I have done a lot of freelance projects. Never had a complaint from a client.
I think that a better approach for this problem is to have a user rating in adition to the individual files rating. Of course the rating can be cheated and it’s no guarantee of a good job (this we will never get anyway). It’s just an indicator of what you can get when hiring a freelancer.

582 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SparkyFlash says

FD exists thanks to authors and their contribution of files. Its only natural an author thinks about how to protect his own work, who would do that if not authors themselves?

A good freelancer could help an author by taking an excess work, and the author could refer the customer to him. Its a win-win situation.

Essentially FD is not a freelancers website, it doesn’t charge fees for being a freelancer, nor for bidding, so why not respect it and authors’ wish to make it more organizable for both parties envolved – authors and freelancers?

4501 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

Was reading through some of my old threads I started and came across this suggestion I made 5 years ago about having a site called “FreelanceDen”.. and now we have MicroLancer ;)

You know I make a lot of suggestions, and every time I always get minimal feedback or generally most people don’t agree… but years a later these things get added and everyone things it’s wonderful #justsaying

I hope we’ll get those much needed home page changes I’ve been rambling about the last few years.

8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

lol, lets keep it here rather than open up a 5 year old thread…

http://activeden.net/forums/thread/microlancer-was-suggested-5-years-ago/126359
by
by
by
by
by
by