70 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
tomh says

I’ve been writing stuff for AJ for a while, but have recently started a site with resources for video podcast users. I’ve placed adverts for AJ and VH on it, and in the last 2 weeks I’ve had 56 clickthroughs, quite a good number. However, only two people registered (and no deposits, but that may take a while). I’m wondering how many people who go to Envato sites and never make it past the first page.

The majority of stock sites offer freebies to keep a large user base and bait in new customers – I’t’s the freebies that have got me connected to some other stock sites in the first place. As an author i’d be happy to donate some content to a monthly freebie scheme on Envato, because I think it would get more people on envato and viewing our content.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

461 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Solidbeats Envato team says

How many monthly visitors do you have on your site?

70 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
tomh says

The site’s only been going for 10 days, and has had 1334 visits (from 822 people). I don’t expect the monthly rate to be that high, as it got a lot of publicity when it started from a recent macheist event. I guess the site is a sidepoint anyway. What I’m wondering is whether envato should run monthly freebies in order to get a larger user base. I guess it would use a fair amount of bandwidth, but it seems to work for other stock sites…

by
by
by
by
by
by