Compressors, never enough:
TDR (Tokyo Dawn Records) FEEDBACK COMPRESSOR
A carefully designed RMS -based feed-back dynamics compressor. The processor is dedicated to sum/bus compression and operates very smoothly – even under difficult conditions. The plug-in is the result of an intensive study about the musical behaviour of “classic” feed-back compressor designs. However, it has conceptually nothing in common with “pseudo analogue”, “vintage” or similar buzz words. This is a proud digital processor, made with lots of love and care.All here:
- Typical “Feed-Back Compression” sound and behaviour.
- All relevant calculations are done at 64bit precision.
- Bit-transparent differential oversampling structure (only the “wet” part is actually oversampled).
- Internal re-sampling via high quality linear phase filters.
- Advanced stereo-linking (reduces audible cross-modulation).
- Adaptive integration time RMS detector.
- Freely adjustable compression knee.
- Blend between the original and compressed signal.
- Optional side-chain 6dB/Oct high-pass filter.
- Optional low and high frequency saturation.
- Optional velocity-based auto-release (dynamic adaptation of release shape (!) and timing for transparent gain reduction).
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted).
Thanks for your input, we have here effects, MrRay is a instrument, so, I’ll pass the link in Freebies – Free Synths thread.
Those being said, here we go with another freebie:
DC1A – effortless character comp
DC1A is the little brother of the compression monster DC8C . I’ve taken one of my favourite settings from DC8C and tried to make it work in a two control context. Soundwise it’s comparable to the PUNCH mode in DC8C . It’s kind of a mixture of classic opto and FET designs.Windows and Mac VST and AU versions.
More info and free download here:
Making Dubstep ? Then you need a 3-band distortion. A free one seems to be TriDirt by Noizware.
From KVR page we can find out that TriDirt is a stereo 3-band distortion VST plugin. Features:
- Adjustable crossover frequencies with linked knobs.
- 7 different waveshapers for variety of sounds.
- Post filtering option (PF) applies low pass filtering at first and second band.
- Balance control applied before waveshaping for wide stereo effects.
- All bands and post filtering don’t use processing power when inactive.
Variety Of Sound – Thrillseeker LA:
ThrillseekerLA – digital stereo leveling amplifier with truly analog qualities.
Found a post in a german forum few weeks ago about “Highend Plugins” vs Freeware Plugins that made me chuckle and I’d like to share it here, so here’s the translation:
“A simple plugin gets released as a “Highend Plugin” with “Highend Marketing”, “Highend Advertising” financed through “Highend Prices”. Then there will be “Highend Food” for “Highend Journalists” who then will be writing about “Highend Plugins” in their “Highend Magazines”. After that, many wannabe-highend-producers go out to buy those “highend plugins” in order to become real highend-producers.
Those self-proclaimed highend-producers then tell everybody in various forums that they are now “highend producers”, because they’re now using “highend-plugins”. And because that’s still not enough to stand out, they also write and tell everywhere that there is absolutely no way to produce any professional music with non-highend-plugins or even freeware. So every producer who doesnt own any “Highend plugins” is automatically only an average producer and sure you dont want that, do you ?!?”
A cool VST effect is Pedals by ToneBytes .
Pedals — is a VST effect plug-in for Windows, designed for processing electric guitar and bass. It is also possible to process other audio sources for a variety of artistic techniques.
. . .
BEWARE !!! – it will ask you to install “Babylon translator”, READ THE SCREENS IN THE INSTALL !
Otherwise, it’s a very good pedals/ amp/ post effects suite, pretty much like Guitar Rig or Amplitube, but free.
Minimal System Instruments released PPD Echobox, a new free VST echo/delay effect plugin for Windows.
The plugin is freely available via their Facebook page:
RING -O is a ringmodulator effect plugin.http://music.service-1.de/html/wok_ringmodulator_vst.html
Modulation source can be the left and right side of a stereo signal modulating each other, or a stereo signal modulated by RING -O’s internal oscillator.
The internal oscillator has different wave forms, the pitch can be adjusted manually or by incoming MIDI notes.
RING -O also features a diode ring modulator style setting for less clean sounds and the ability to adjust the modulation mix.
And the best of it all: this plugin is totally free !
Also – as with all our plugins: no adware, no spyware, no toolbars, no copy protection!
DDMF has announced that its ColourEQ plug-in has now become freeware.
Not just another EQ: with its custom-made 4th order IIR filter, ColourEQ sounds unlike any other EQ you have ever come across. It comes with five bands of \”super parametric\” peaking filters, which means that there is one more parameter in addition to the traditional gain/width/frequency set that can influence the curve shape. These shapes cannot be reproduced by ordinary IIR equalizers. Further features include: adjustable GUI colours, freely resizable window size, internal 64 bit processing and low CPU usage. Available in Windows VST (32/64 bit), Windows/Mac RTAS and Mac VST /AU format (Intel, OSX 10 .5 and higher).
I am not sure if you guys have seen this one yet, but Steinberg has a free download of their SLM 128 Loudness Meter on their website. They say it works with Cubase 6.5 and Nuendo 5 or higher. With the new requirements for meeting the R 128 loudness standards, you may find this plug-in useful.
Here is the link:http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/archive/2012/05/23/article/free-slm-128-plug-in-available-1970.html?etcc_med=NLR&etcc_ctv=Steinberg%20News%20July&etcc_key=Steinberg%20News%20July&etcc_var=4451742&etcc_cmp=Monthly%20Newsletter&pad=Various&lan=EN®=US-ROW&spMailingID=4451742&spUserID=MTIwNTkwODExNDkS1&spJobID=47237206&spReportId=NDcyMzcyMDYS1
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.