186 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
scottrockers says

Danny Outlaw recently made a post to The River Current where he talked about other ways to promote your stock files and services. He had this to say about Flickr:

“I had always heard about how Flickr was a good way to promote your website designs, templates, and design work, but always took it with a grain of salt until I tried it for myself.”

So here is my question, which photo website is the best to promote yourself and supplies the best tools for Developers and Designers?

I know that Flickr has an API and other helpful tools, but does anyone know about the other sites?

Scott

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says

Behance.

27 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Alter says

+1 Behance

arquitectostyles
arquitectostyles Recent Posts Threads Started
153 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+5 more
arquitectostyles says

you could promote your work on deviantart.com too?? im sure u knew about that website though’

So here is my question, which photo website is the best to promote yourself and supplies the best tools for Developers and Designers?

im not sure about the best, but i think theres more than just one website

19 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
AlexBeltechi says

Behance and flickr make a good combo.

When I finish a project, I make a behance page that consists in multiple screenshots of it (advantage of behance). Flickr though, is nice when you’re not very well known because you can include it in flickr groups that people visit, thus generating exposure. So i just save another screenshot, put it in flickr and add a link to my behance page, where they can see more photos of that project.

People like deviantart too, but I don’t use it.

In time, i stopped adding to groups in flickr, and my behance portfolio has kicked off. If you get a front page feature, that’s a lot of attention to your work.

Clients generally contact me through behance, because they don’t need an account to email me. I think you need one on flickr to do that, but i may be wrong.

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

i do use Flickr most times and join related groups on there. Thought, asking authors “how do you promote your envato items” is sort of tuff question. I feel authors doesnt need to advertise their items at all, as this is the reason we use envato marketplaces…to benefit from the traffic envato drives, not to drive traffic to the marketplace and still pay 60% commissions.

186 posts
+4 more
scottrockers says

Thanks guys, I will look into Behance, I never even heard of that site before. Also, anyone know if Behance caters to developers at all?

19 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
AlexBeltechi says
Thanks guys, I will look into Behance, I never even heard of that site before. Also, anyone know if Behance caters to developers at all?

Behance is aimed at all creative fields. I checked the creative fields list, and yes, web development is included.

by
by
by
by
by
by