• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

Wait I see what they’ve done :) ... Flash Components are all Flash files and Flash Templates are just the website templates… because you’ll notice there are site templates in the Flash Components category, see for example “XML Portfolio Template” which is in both categories.

492 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
avenue28 says

I hope people will not start changing category to their files just to move up in the other category.

At this point reviewer should check well the category when they approve the file and that option should also be locked in the edit tab.

How they can check after a file is published if the author is moving it through categories?

+1

2481 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says
Wait I see what they’ve done :) ... Flash Components are all Flash files and Flash Templates are just the website templates… because you’ll notice there are site templates in the Flash Components category, see for example “XML Portfolio Template” which is in both categories.

yes, that is what i said ;)

4505 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

yes, that is what i said ;)

lol sorry didn’t see that ;) ... but since you are a reviewer what are your thoughts on video or image galleries being in the Flash Templates category, unfair advantage? Do you think the reviewer should check if the file is in the correct category before approving the file?

2481 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says
lol sorry didn’t see that ;) ... but since you are a reviewer what are your thoughts on video or image galleries being in the Flash Templates category, unfair advantage? Do you think the reviewer should check if the file is in the correct category before approving the file?

yes, it is indeed included in the checklist for reviewers to assign correct category otherwise what is the purpose of categorization. :)

I think that the word components should not be used as technically component means a .mxp or swc file but 99.99% files are .fla based files.

4505 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

yes, it is indeed included in the checklist for reviewers to assign correct category otherwise what is the purpose of categorization. :)

I think that the word components should not be used as technically component means a .mxp or swc file but 99.99% files are .fla based files.

True.. some might think .mxp files are in “Flash Components” and .fla files are in “Flash Templates” eheh

The technically correct file categories should be “Flash Files” and “Flash Sites”

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

True.. some might think .mxp files are in “Flash Components” and .fla files are in “Flash Templates” eheh

The technically correct file categories should be “Flash Files” and “Flash Sites”

I agree…

and components are not only swc (mxp)... with as3 and cs3 the components are also fla based (v3 components, the best ones)... so if you give the fla doesn’t mean that it’s not a component.

I think that the word “component” sounds like compiled and not as source…

My opinion ;-)

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

I agree…

and components are not only swc (mxp)... with as3 and cs3 the components are also fla based (the best ones)... so if you give the fla doesn’t mean that it’s not a component.

I think that the word “componend” sounds like compiled and not as source…

My opinion ;-)

2114 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
fifty_tons says

@ DS: offtopic, I was just thinking, are there any MXP files on flashden?

4505 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says
@ DS: offtopic, I was just thinking, are there any MXP files on flashden?

I’m sure there are a few, but the reviewers should know

by
by
by
by
by
by