1265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

right – I rarely/never buy templates anymore, from template sites, instead I prefer the much-better components you folks all produce here… and agree a lot of the templates here are much better/more complete than template sites offer … I’d strongly suggest spinning templates off onto their own website, something called “templatesden” or similar

... and keep flash den here the component site it is, that makes it so great… also the only reason I’ve bought a few templates here, is to get the framework/components that are in them, mainly I just want to see more great flash (not flex, not swish) components here…

140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
FlashBros says
I buy here because it’s a component site, not a template site. If I wanted a template site, I’d go back to buying templates from the template-vendor sites.
so why would you rather purchase templates from othersites and not here? also would you say the components are reasonably priced here compared to othersites – just want to get a buyers insight here ;)
I find that most other template sites are designs with some animation and maybe a few external text files (I said most, don’t crucify me! I’m mostly referring to template monster type sites!), while on FD most templates are fully programmed and externally driven and meant for you to customize the looks. So in other words most sites are made for a programmer that doesn’t know design, while FD is made for a designer that doesn’t know programming, or someone that doesn’t really know either.

True, that really make sense…Also DS I think that compared to website like template monster and others, the pricing here are VERY GOOD , especially for the insane amount of work that you can find in some amazing project. Many people don’t realize the code and work behing a simple banner rotator or an XML IMAGE NAVIGATOR ;) , they only see the front..if they could see the 20 pages of code behind, they will find this is an amazing deal. PLUS here at flashden we have a very good customers support (at least most of us provide it) and it’s usually free, i don’t think other websites like Template Monster offer that kind of free support, but I could be wrong.

5903 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Among all the files available here, it seems only 5% of them are site templates, so there is no problem for the buyers with expectations similar to graphic4444 and they already have wider choice. Actually it is good idea to have a separate site for templates but only when there are reasonable number of templates available here those covering atleast 10 or 15 different categories. At present, templates available here can be categorized only for a few purposes (design studio, photographer etc) but I guess those are the only categories that has good demand in market as a Full Flash site.

by
by
by
by
by
by