905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

interesting read. I am pretty sure I can navigate flash with my Wacom Tablet though meaning a touch is not that far off. I will check when I get home.

he has points on the keyboard navigation though.. but thats why we need the platform opened up so we can get going on these extra alternative controls

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

Yeah and Adobe created a whole new API for touch events specifically for mobile-touch devices. So Adobe was making an effort. But where’s the effort from Apple?

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
theflyingtinman says
Hey check this out, this guy has some valid points. Flash design could give more problems than flash. I didn’t think about this one.

http://mantia.me/blog/flash-design-is-the-problem/

Bad Flash design has been the main downfall of Flash for far longer than mobile apps have been around ;) but that aside .. This guy’s examples regarding inadequate mouse functionality mapping to multi-touch screens aren’t really valid; the multi-touch mouse pad on my new MacBook Pro easily configures for use without having to use the (invisible) mouse button: touch and remain or move to hover .. tap (and lift) to click, tap twice to double click, tap then touch and move to drag…

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

Nice to see you weigh in TinMan. You haven’t been around much so I assume that’s probably why the queue’s low these days :)

This thread has been a good discussion :)

2201 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says
Hey check this out, this guy has some valid points. Flash design could give more problems than flash. I didn’t think about this one.

http://mantia.me/blog/flash-design-is-the-problem/

Bad Flash design has been the main downfall of Flash for far longer than mobile apps have been around ;) but that aside .. This guy’s examples regarding inadequate mouse functionality mapping to multi-touch screens aren’t really valid; the multi-touch mouse pad on my new MacBook Pro easily configures for use without having to use the (invisible) mouse button: touch and remain or move to hover .. tap (and lift) to click, tap twice to double click, tap then touch and move to drag…

I too have a macbook pro, the new one. I know what you mean, but I think the ipad doesn’t have that option as it is not a cursor device. Our multi touch pads use double fingers to scroll, the ipad uses a single finger gesture for that.

And it uses tap to select/open items, otherwise the whole “you just have to touch it principle” is lost.

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
theflyingtinman says
Nice to see you weigh in TinMan. You haven’t been around much so I assume that’s probably why the queue’s low these days :) This thread has been a good discussion :)

:) yup ... between lying in bed dying of flu and -rejecting- proofing files in moments of lucidity I haven’t had much time to weigh in on the forums lately. :(

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says
Nice to see you weigh in TinMan. You haven’t been around much so I assume that’s probably why the queue’s low these days :) This thread has been a good discussion :)
:) yup ... between lying in bed dying of flu and -rejecting- proofing files in moments of lucidity I haven’t had much time to weigh in on the forums lately. :(

Dude I am getting sick myself, it’s not cool when you gotta review.

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
theflyingtinman says
...I too have a macbook pro, the new one. I know what you mean, but I think the ipad doesn’t have that option as it is not a cursor device. Our multi touch pads use double fingers to scroll, the ipad uses a single finger gesture for that. And it uses tap to select/open items, otherwise the whole “you just have to touch it principle” is lost.

Just pointing out that it’s not really a hardware limitation; in the same way the MBP can be configured to work without the mouse button the iPad could be configured to emulate hover/click functionality for apps that need it. The writer seemed to be implying the Flash developers were writing to hardware that could not work on the iPad. (Of course it’s not actually going to happen but it’ is possible)

BTW , I just love the three- and four-finger gestures on the Macbook Pro :)

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says
...I too have a macbook pro, the new one. I know what you mean, but I think the ipad doesn’t have that option as it is not a cursor device. Our multi touch pads use double fingers to scroll, the ipad uses a single finger gesture for that. And it uses tap to select/open items, otherwise the whole “you just have to touch it principle” is lost.
BTW , I just love the three- and four-finger gestures on the Macbook Pro :)

4 finger down gesturé to get to expose while reviewing is WIN .

Most people who have one are unaware of the functionality though :P

199 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
ivank says

This iPad brings only disappointment…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnT0zp8Ya4

:D