1161 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
FlashTang says
flashedge said
Nothing new under the sun. I just cannot understand why Adobe is wasting time behind Edge and Muse instead of giving us a damn HTML5 Compiler inside Flash.

It’s just pice of cake for Adobe to add such thing
but I think it’s adverse for them if they do so (profitless at least so far )

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
bobocel said
It works very well in Chrome, on Mac.

As long as there is no unity in browsers performance you are going to have a dramatic change in use.I see no logic in this not to mention a serious issue in 3D right now with html 5 + you really need to be a master coder to put this on the high level .

The way i see things the game salvation won’t come from html 5 or flash in the gaming sector, it’s simple; you just have better platform today to build games for the web, i see no logic to build games with html 5 in a matter of visibility or performance unless you dig the European Renaissance of the 14th–17th centuries and we all know how that time end .

I think best game is saw with html 5 was Quake II and the use of WebGL i don’t understand why but hey have fun with it .

http://code.google.com/p/quake2-gwt-port/
2002 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says
majd_abdul said
@bitfade: From a designer point of view performance is not everything. It’s important for me to have a tool that is easy to handle, that’s why I love using Unity and Flash (This one also for vector graphics :) ).
my point was: users won’t play games running at 1fps.
right now, canvas is not an option for crossplatform/crossbrowser games.

206 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
FWDesign says

Really nice but I am sick when I see JS, after codding OOP for so long now I (we) have to switch to JS , it is a nightmare come true, the code is well written but I was thinking how much easier is to code this in flash or any other OOP language…

The browser is crashing because JS is not ment for things like this one, for god sake it is a scripting language, we live some stupid times to be a web developer…

2206 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey Tibi

I know man with the crazy age that we are living in thanks to mr Jobbs. I mean js and jquery are pretty neat things tho and the cool thing is that they are advancing fast. I still think that tho that flash is way nicer for animation but js is getting close.

Cheers

Lester

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says
FWDesign said
Really nice but I am sick when I see JS, after codding OOP for so long now I (we) have to switch to JS , it is a nightmare come true, the code is well written but I was thinking how much easier is to code this in flash or any other OOP language… The browser is crashing because JS is not ment for things like this one, for god sake it is a scripting language, we live some stupid times to be a web developer…

JS is actually the most popular programming language for a long time already.

Very much like some of the most popular music video on youtube are Mliey Cyrus and Justin Beaver.

Sad thing but not much choice …

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
flashedge said
Nothing new under the sun. I just cannot understand why Adobe is wasting time behind Edge and Muse instead of giving us a damn HTML5 Compiler inside Flash.

they wont add it as HTML5 Web Motion Design Tool will be out soon .

http://www.creative-adobe.com/it/article/anteprima-di-adobe-edge-e-animazioni-per-il-web/
535 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
dimumurray says

The Google Web Toolkit looks promising as a development platform for games. It was used to create the QuakeII port that Tsafi mentioned in an earlier post. Most recently it was used to port AngryBirds to HTML5 ( check it out at Google Chrome’s Web Store, you may need to use Chrome to run it though).

The toolkit is provided as a plugin to the Eclipse IDE so you have to code using Java (which is similar to AS3 in terms of syntax).

by
by
by
by
by
by