6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
UnitedNotions says

If I wanted to find someone used to scoring films to add a complimentaty and inspiring music sountrack to a sales webinar to assist with sales, where would be the best place to find somebody with enough experience to advise what would help with the sales process, and what would be a hinderance?

606 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

Almost everyone here has the “freelance” box ticked on yes so I think a lot of composers here would love to do the job (myself included). If you read the bios of the composers here you’ll find a lot of people really experienced and able to help you.

What else do you need from them? Must they be based in the same country/city as you? Do you need the music really fast? In my opinion find 3-4 composers whose work you really like and then email them through the contact me box. Most of the composers here speak good english so I really think communication won’t be an issue and nowadays freelance work is hard to come by for most so almost any composer here will jump at the opportunity to work with you. But again, I think the most important thing is that you like the BODY of their work.

I suggest you find composers with a nice and big portfolio of consistent work. Make sure you like most of their tracks and start from there. Don’t go with someone just because you like one or two tracks. Go with someone who has consistent quality and sales throughout that you personally like. It will greatly increase your chance of being happy with the final product!!

6 posts
UnitedNotions says

thanks for the reply TT – location unimportant, language skills yes. What I would most be interested in would be composers with an experience of emotion enhancing work .. the presentation on a properly executed webinar is very much like a movie – with highs and lows, and most definitely an inspiring and trust-enhancing call to action at the end. so it would need to be somebody with a good repetoire of subtle scoring to compliment the desired emotion, rather than a background music track ..

299 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

It might be hard to judge composers from most of the work sold here, because most of it isn’t necessarily the kind of work you would find in a score…scoring is a little different, as it’s writing music in response to something or to enhance something rather than writing a catchy tune, and there’s a finer level of subtlety. Still, there are tons of people here who are likely capable of it…it just might be hard to find the one you need. It might help a little if you explained what kind of score you were looking for. A traditional orchestral score, ambient, modern/electronic, upbeat, ect, as there are some really fine people here who excel in these different categories, and all of these can be made to sound inspiring.

curtisschweitzer
curtisschweitzer Recent Posts Threads Started
69 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
curtisschweitzer says

A good idea might be to see if any composers here link to their previous work. I try to give potential clients a good view of my work not only by providing audio samples, but examples of videos that I’ve scored.

Of course I’m happy to submit my personal portfolio (which, on my personal website, which is linked on my AJ profile, includes videos, including web series/TV series that I have scored) as evidence that I am able to put emotion to picture, but I’d encourage you to find authors who have examples of scored video to show you, as that seems to give a good idea of how well they can hit the “emotional points” you’re looking for.

There’s a goldmine here on AJ, so you’ve definitely come to the right place. Good luck, whoever you choose!

1134 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

Hello UnitedNotions

Sounds very interrsting :) Please have a browse trough my portfolio as well, and do not hesitate to get in touch with me for other than AJ work of mine. Did a few similar projects for the Swiss National TV a while ago and for a well known Swiss watch company :)

Good look for everyone and have a great day.

Regards

Daniel

251 posts
+2 more
bodorobodo says

Me

243 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
Crian says

Hello UnitedNations,

I really would like to work with you! :-) Just write me an e-mail!

Crian

395 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
BigBouncyBright says
251 posts
+2 more
bodorobodo says

Me
:D
I don’t yet have the portfolio to share, in the same time I cannot let the opportunity to pass by. I did all I could :)
by
by
by
by
by
by