447 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Depard says

As far as I know, 8 BIT music is in a list of files AJ don’t want. But I can’t understand why. A know that peaple are still making games or other projects in retro style and they need 8bit music. And of course AJ has great authors who can create it. I love to make 8bit music and I want to improve my skills, but I don’t really want to upload 8bit tracks to other stock site.

And as I see AJ accepts some 8bit files. http://audiojungle.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&order_by=date&term=8bit

So maybe it is time to unban 8bit music or someone can tell me why it’s banned?

114 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blindholm says

I’ve been wondering that too, especially since those arcade game/8-bit songs sell really well on all other stock sites. There are MANY game developers out there who want to buy that kind of music.

950 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

Is there some misunderstanding? the link that you linked actually has 16 bit tracks and they just sound like 8 bits so you can make those tracks in 16 bits just make em sound like 8 bit. It is almost like doing a track in 24 and compressing to 16 not the same but you know what i mean xD

447 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Depard says

I thought that they AJ don’t need 8bit sounding tracks.

950 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

Do they not need 8bit sounding tracks or 8bit quality tracks? :) cuz as i said all those tracks on the link above they are 16bit tracks with the “retro 8bit” sound :S

447 posts
+3 more
Depard says

One of my track was soft rejected only because it had 8bit sounding parts and title “Arcade Memories” . It was 8bit+rock mix, but reviewer asked me to remove 8bit sounding parts and change items name and description. So I gues we can’t upload 8bit quality tracks and 8bit sounding tracks to.

But I can’t understand why.

950 posts
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

well than i cant understand it either my friend or maybe they have some favorites like the teachers in school :) some kids get away with shit some don’t which is not fair. If they already have 8 bit sounding tracks on their page imo you should be able to upload them too. :(

232 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
DenisTorman says

I do this not surprised. AudioJungle not the first time contradict themselves. I had a similar intsedent. As we know from the rules can not be used in the tags name brands, try to type in a search engine, “apple”, “Ipad” and so on. So do not be surprised by this. Smer need it.

291 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Just like any of the do/don’t need guidelines, I think AJ makes exceptions for quality tracks no matter what’s on the list. I had an 8-bit inspired track approved back in November (interestingly also with “Arcade” in the title), so that’s either true or I somehow slipped by…

I think a lot of strictly 8-bit style tracks are too simplistic or basic for AJ quality standards, but a well produced track in that genre should be able to be approved for sale I should think. @Depard it sounds like your track was more in depth and well thought out, I’d be curious to hear what they rejected if you want to post a link? Or maybe it’s just our new reviewer playing it safe?

2116 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Or maybe it’s just our new reviewer playing it safe?

That was my initial thought as well.

by
by
by
by
by
by