• Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

I’m sure this has been brought up before, but couldn’t find anything recently. I’ve downloaded a few scripts within the last year, and today I noticed that some of them had an updated version that fixed some of the bugs in them. It would be nice if when an author uploads something, that it would require a revision number. When a file gets updated, then the revision number would change and the customers can be notified of newer versions. An email would be great, but I would settle just for an alert of some kind in the downloads section.

Anyone else agree?

367 posts plop
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
kimonoThemes says

It depends only on authors for the moment. TF don’t have this options as far as I know.

There was a script given by unisphere to help authors make an update notifier on their WP themes : http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/hassle-free-theme-updates/37627?page=1

But when you buy some file you should follow the author here too, usually they change the image of their template with a little “updated” added to it. But you’ll have to hope that the author is not too lazy to change this image :P

by
by
by
by
by
by