325 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
-bianca- says

Hi, sorry for delay. Been out all day :)

I think multiple colors can be interesting and aren’t necessarily lack of design….
Buyers may find it good to know that there are several possibilities predefined. Colors can communicate corporate identity values throughccolor psychology etc for instance.

However the important question is who is going to use this theme? Which category? creative- corporate etcetera. Can it compeed. Apply some pre-defined content (at least in headers and Titles)

I like the alternative for the slider :) Maybe you can use a more classic looking font type (serif type) I’m looking one up for you….. The second alternative does not really appeal to me, sorry.

Also maybe use a subtile pattern as a background. Hope this is helpfull.

325 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
-bianca- says

Not really serif but Qlassik or similar may be something to experiment with (check licence :)) Review your other typography as well. At this moment there are some classic and modern elements in your theme. How will it look all classic and how will it look al modern, i’m trying to picture it.

52 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
ReneMerino says

Not really serif but Qlassik or similar may be something to experiment with (check licence :)) Review your other typography as well. At this moment there are some classic and modern elements in your theme. How will it look all classic and how will it look al modern, i’m trying to picture it.

Thanks Bianca you’re very helpful, it so happens I have this font and is the one I used for my personal website, I’m currently using Great Vibes for the logo and main headings(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Great+Vibes), Pontano Sans for the secondary headings (http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Pontano+Sans) and helvetica for the body, I will try another alternative see whats up, I really like how Georgia Italics looks but I think that this font is being overused already.

for the pattern background I tried that in my previous submission the reviewer said it made it look grayish I’ll see how it looks with a lighter version maybe.

Again thanks for you help :)

325 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
-bianca- says

You’re welcome :-)
Now and then I run into sites and think oh wow. This is so original, and it’s just a pattern that makes it look wow. Unfortunately I can’t remember the sites I have in mind right now :(
but I just saw this one that also shows that a pattern can be subtile http://www.dreamdust.net. If I find it I’ll post.

About the fonts: These are always tricky, especially combinations. Just try out some. Rokkitt? Haven’t checked the licence…

52 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
ReneMerino says

I will experiment and post my improvements here by tonight before I resubmit

52 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
ReneMerino says

About the fonts: These are always tricky, especially combinations. Just try out some. Rokkitt? Haven’t checked the licence…

here are 2 variations, with qlassik font and rokkitt, I also added a very subtle pattern to the background…

http://amayamedia.com/images/previews/tracker-light-blue-v4.jpg
http://amayamedia.com/images/previews/tracker-light-blue-v5.jpg

as of right now I’m planning to submit it in the creative category.

52 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
ReneMerino says

anyone before I submit?

52 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
ReneMerino says

rejected again :/

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum technical quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

I don’t think this is acceptable as a site template as well. It is too generic, basic and the overall design quality is sub par.

generic, basic? I’ve seen more generic and simpler designs accepted but wont mention by who or which ones, I dont even know what to do to improve this design anymore…

1365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Yea, they are getting tougher, and as usual a bit lazy in reviews, but i guess they should have sad to check out more recent designs, since some of most popular or most sold are old :)

And do remember PSD is the hardest category, you have the skill, you just need to combine, user experience, uniqnes and basicly some prople don’t agree but themeforest has it’s own style… so once u worke that out it’ll be much eazyer. Good luck

by
by
by
by
by
by