756 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Author Level 11
+11 more
TimMcMorris
says

If I can share a little more insight as I forgot to mention it before (and of course I know this isn’t new news to many of you) – but for those who aren’t aware – a large part of the driving force is not an item being on the popular page alone…but rather the multiple videohive projects using the songs that are keeping them there.

I know this for a fact – if I didn’t have so many VH authors backing my work by using them repeatedly, many of those songs would have disappeared by now. Here is an experiment – take each track and try to find how many projects they are used in….you will begin to see that that is the REAL force that drives the list, not just the list itself.

A song on it’s own will only stay so long. VideoHive projects are what cement them in the list.

188 posts
  • Featured Author
  • Author Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
  • 3 Years of Membership
+2 more
Pianojungle
says

I just received an email of the envato team to notify me that I’m next weeks featured author. So thank you guys for the advice. I will let you know if the featured artist thing changes something to my selling numbers.

Cheers

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
598 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Featured Item
+7 more
scoringaudiogeeks
says

I just received an email of the envato team to notify me that I’m next weeks featured author. So thank you guys for the advice. I will let you know if the featured artist thing changes something to my selling numbers. Cheers

Congrats! :)

104 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 7
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
randomnoise
says

If I can share a little more insight as I forgot to mention it before (and of course I know this isn’t new news to many of you) – but for those who aren’t aware – a large part of the driving force is not an item being on the popular page alone…but rather the multiple videohive projects using the songs that are keeping them there.

I know this for a fact – if I didn’t have so many VH authors backing my work by using them repeatedly, many of those songs would have disappeared by now. Here is an experiment – take each track and try to find how many projects they are used in….you will begin to see that that is the REAL force that drives the list, not just the list itself.

A song on it’s own will only stay so long. VideoHive projects are what cement them in the list.

That’s an interesting point! Thanks Tim for sharing your insight here… :)

Still, I don’t see any real solution in there, because I guess most videohive authors themselves will always go for the popular files just like any client on their search for music for new projects.

In fact I see this as another argument for the need of a ‘Top New Files’ category – or any tool that let new quality tracks stand out of the mass.

PS: Congrats @ Pianojungle! :)

631 posts
  • Bundle Boss
  • Author Level 5
  • Featured Item
  • Affiliate Level 5
+2 more
Basspartout
says

Thx Tim. I already had a feeling about this and I’m really looking forward to finding the right video/audio partnership.
Congrats Pianojungle. :)

686 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 1
+4 more
ZtarrZound
says

Still, I don’t see any real solution in there, because I guess most videohive authors themselves will always go for the popular files just like any client on their search for music for new projects. In fact I see this as another argument for the need of a ‘Top New Files’ category – or any tool that let new quality tracks stand out of the mass.
Yep & yep. Spot on IMO .

Congrats on the feature Piano! Here’s to many sales :D.

71 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
Diesel_J
says

I just received an email of the envato team to notify me that I’m next weeks featured author. So thank you guys for the advice. I will let you know if the featured artist thing changes something to my selling numbers. Cheers

Way to go!

240 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 4
  • Collector Level 1
+5 more
ClassRecords
says

I didn’t experience a big increase in sales the week I was featured, but I felt (and still now I do) really honored for being picked as featured author! Moreover, I have been member for only 2 months when I was featured and I really thank the site for this nice achievement and honour! Anyway I feel that the most important thing is to get a featured item, more then being featured as author. Your song stays in first page for a month! I’m still hoping my last song to be picked as featured item :-) Anyway, my advice is: keep on writing the best thing that you can, record it well, and you will manage to have satisfaction and nice achievement! Good luck!

841 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 6
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
Art-of-Sound
says

So how was it, Pianojungle?

104 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Elite Author