736 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

If I can share a little more insight as I forgot to mention it before (and of course I know this isn’t new news to many of you) – but for those who aren’t aware – a large part of the driving force is not an item being on the popular page alone…but rather the multiple videohive projects using the songs that are keeping them there.

I know this for a fact – if I didn’t have so many VH authors backing my work by using them repeatedly, many of those songs would have disappeared by now. Here is an experiment – take each track and try to find how many projects they are used in….you will begin to see that that is the REAL force that drives the list, not just the list itself.

A song on it’s own will only stay so long. VideoHive projects are what cement them in the list.

179 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
Pianojungle says

I just received an email of the envato team to notify me that I’m next weeks featured author. So thank you guys for the advice. I will let you know if the featured artist thing changes something to my selling numbers.

Cheers

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
scoringaudiogeeks says

I just received an email of the envato team to notify me that I’m next weeks featured author. So thank you guys for the advice. I will let you know if the featured artist thing changes something to my selling numbers. Cheers

Congrats! :)

101 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+2 more
randomnoise says

If I can share a little more insight as I forgot to mention it before (and of course I know this isn’t new news to many of you) – but for those who aren’t aware – a large part of the driving force is not an item being on the popular page alone…but rather the multiple videohive projects using the songs that are keeping them there.

I know this for a fact – if I didn’t have so many VH authors backing my work by using them repeatedly, many of those songs would have disappeared by now. Here is an experiment – take each track and try to find how many projects they are used in….you will begin to see that that is the REAL force that drives the list, not just the list itself.

A song on it’s own will only stay so long. VideoHive projects are what cement them in the list.

That’s an interesting point! Thanks Tim for sharing your insight here… :)

Still, I don’t see any real solution in there, because I guess most videohive authors themselves will always go for the popular files just like any client on their search for music for new projects.

In fact I see this as another argument for the need of a ‘Top New Files’ category – or any tool that let new quality tracks stand out of the mass.

PS: Congrats @ Pianojungle! :)

611 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
Basspartout says

Thx Tim. I already had a feeling about this and I’m really looking forward to finding the right video/audio partnership.
Congrats Pianojungle. :)

678 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Still, I don’t see any real solution in there, because I guess most videohive authors themselves will always go for the popular files just like any client on their search for music for new projects. In fact I see this as another argument for the need of a ‘Top New Files’ category – or any tool that let new quality tracks stand out of the mass.
Yep & yep. Spot on IMO .

Congrats on the feature Piano! Here’s to many sales :D.

71 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
Diesel_J says

I just received an email of the envato team to notify me that I’m next weeks featured author. So thank you guys for the advice. I will let you know if the featured artist thing changes something to my selling numbers. Cheers

Way to go!

240 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
ClassRecords says

I didn’t experience a big increase in sales the week I was featured, but I felt (and still now I do) really honored for being picked as featured author! Moreover, I have been member for only 2 months when I was featured and I really thank the site for this nice achievement and honour! Anyway I feel that the most important thing is to get a featured item, more then being featured as author. Your song stays in first page for a month! I’m still hoping my last song to be picked as featured item :-) Anyway, my advice is: keep on writing the best thing that you can, record it well, and you will manage to have satisfaction and nice achievement! Good luck!

812 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

So how was it, Pianojungle?

101 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author