1567 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Other stocks do it. When you upload MOV file they reencode by themseft automatically and sell different resolution for different price. Based on actual videohive prices. it may looks like if author upload 4K file which is usually priced for $30, then system let customers to download Full HD for $5, HD for $4, SD or $3. I don’t know if anybody need this. It make sence to downsize to Full HD from 3-4K. But I don’t see reasons to downsize further to save customer $1 of already cheap item. And automatic downscale will intruduce additional encoding which is bad for quality.

Better feature would be optional automatic preview generating for footage like other stocks do.

Best Regards, Andrey

193 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
WebRa says

How many authors have EOS-1D?

174 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
Rickyloca says

Hey guys I have a question: am I allowed to open a new account where I sell 4k versions of the same clips that I’m already selling in Full HD?

1567 posts
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Hey guys I have a question: am I allowed to open a new account where I sell 4k versions of the same clips that I’m already selling in Full HD?

Hi Ricky,

I do understand to open two accounts to sell exclusivele and not-exclusively. Or open one account to sell footage and another account to sell pictures on Photodune but why you need to open account to sell Full HD and another account to sell 4K? What is the point?

Best Regatds, Andrey

174 posts
+2 more
Rickyloca says

Hi Andrey,

it’s simply because I want to offer 4k advatages too but Envato doesnt allow me to upload different resolutions for the same file, as we all know! if not, can I upload 4k version on other websites since the usage is compleatly different?

2179 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Hi Andrey, it’s simply because I want to offer 4k advatages too but Envato doesnt allow me to upload different resolutions for the same file, as we all know! if not, can I upload 4k version on other websites since the usage is compleatly different?

I’m afraid that would count as the same material, so you’re not allowed to sell it elsewhere if you’re exclusive.

1567 posts
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Hi Andrey, it’s simply because I want to offer 4k advatages too but Envato doesnt allow me to upload different resolutions for the same file, as we all know! if not, can I upload 4k version on other websites since the usage is compleatly different?

I think we allowed to upload 4k and full hd versions of the same from one account. I seen other authors do it and i have some as well. It would be unreasonable not to allow. Is there any written rule about it?

Best regards, Andrey

174 posts
+2 more
Rickyloca says

I have a couple too but i guess that reviewers didnt notice that because the files were not queuing one next to each other. Once I uploaded 2 version next to each other and got the 4k ones rejected with reviewer clearly saying that they do not accept the same file in different format…it sounds just too ridicolous to me thats why i was wondering if i can sell 4k at least somewhere else!

2179 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

I have a couple too but i guess that reviewers didnt notice that because the files were not queuing one next to each other. Once I uploaded 2 version next to each other and got the 4k ones rejected with reviewer clearly saying that they do not accept the same file in different format…it sounds just too ridicolous to me thats why i was wondering if i can sell 4k at least somewhere else!

And that is exactly why I suggested/asked for this feature to be implemented, where we could offer different video sizes, just like they offer it for photos over at PhotoDune.

7600 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

actually the system should do it automatically as on photodune.

upload 4k, then various versions will be available at different prices, lower less money

by
by
by
by
by
by