508 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
SiliconWorldAD says

One concern that I had that seems to be coming true is that the individual effects undermine the price of more completed sound packs. A large reason for this is a graphic design component of the site that says “Extended license”. Extended License is barely noticeable when you’re just browsing around, I didn’t even notice it until for a week after I came to Envato and it’s not even listed on the hover description of thumbnails, your eye obviously looks at the bigger bold letters first when looking for the price. I also guarantee there’s some buyers who have purchased things under a normal license without understanding that they cannot sell products containing those effects without an extended license as well as various indie buyers who purposely bought things under a normal license and still used the product in a commercial way anyway because they figured no one will bother them about it.

I don’t know how to solve that last second problem, but one way to help with is to have both the extended and regular license advertised equally, and then instead of clicking, there’s a “hover over” description that pops down so that on the off chance that someone doesn’t notice it, they may accidentally hover over it anyway and then see that something pops down.

by
by
by
by
by
by