• Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

I’ve read the thread about new regular license on add-ons, but didn’t know that they will delete extended license.

Now as I understand it – You can buy add-ons once and use it in unlimited projects for the damn low price!!! – correct me if I’m wrong.

And where is the extended license? I’ve sold some Photoshop styles and actions with extended license before, so why You delete it?

The regular license says:

(g) You must not incorporate the Work in a work which is created for Resale by you or your client. (Work means the add-on.)

So where is the possibility to use add-ons on things to resale? I can think of some flyers, where ppl use some actions to make photo or image tricks or to use some cool text styles. Now they can’t buy extended licence, why?

3 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
hostestate says

Sorry where does it say they are cancelling the extended license? Honestly through your swearing etc.

I’m sure flyers are not for sale, If a company sold flyers to customers they would need the extended license, If they are just using it to promote there company then sure regular license.

Think, Act, Type, Think Again then Post.

1036 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

Sorry where does it say they are cancelling the extended license? Honestly through your swearing etc.

I’m sure flyers are not for sale, If a company sold flyers to customers they would need the extended license, If they are just using it to promote there company then sure regular license.

Think, Act, Type, Think Again then Post.
http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/license-change-for-tools-brushes-fonts-mxps-etc/57310 about the cancelling extended license, but You can look on Add-ons category and You will see that, there is not possible to buy add-ons with extended license any more.

About the flyers – I meant authors from Graphicriver could use some actions or styles on their flyer for sale here on Graphicriver and if I understand it right You need an extended license for this.

895 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+5 more
Koolgfx says

This is SHAMEFUL ! I am very sad about this. :(

I have a portfolio based purely on the styles (like many other members) and alive thanks to extended licenses!

I think this is a very UNDERRATED category! In my opinion you do not know how long it takes to create text styles and special effects. Honestly, I think I will not do never again text styles if the situation remains so.

If you really wanted to remove the extended license, then you had to raise the basic price of text styles at least $ 7-8.

651 posts SickFlyers.com
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+7 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

Era89 +1

1430 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+3 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Wow, I just noticed the ‘Extended License’ removal now. I haven’t been on for a while.

The removal of the extended license is not very encouraging and can demoralize a good number of authors from creating add-on files. Let us remember that 55% of every item created using Photoshop contains one or two elements under add-on category and a good number of buyers usually use our items for their commercial projects. The question is… ‘if the add-on extended license option has been deactivated, how can they use our items for their commercial projects without breaking Envato license code and the owner’s copyright authority?’

849 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Rewroc says

Edit: I think I’ll wait for an official reply on this matter.

895 posts
+5 more
Koolgfx says

I am speechless!

I am really very disappointed and sad about the fact that I’m forced to abandon the creation of add-ons.

I’ll wait an official response from the staff!

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
JamiGibbs says

Hey guys,

It’s ok to have an opinion about this but I’m not sure why it was necessary to open a new thread when there was an official one already created by Lance to announce this. It would make more sense to add your comments to the official thread where a staff member is more likely to take notice and respond.

In an attempt to keep things together, I’m going to lock this thread and leave a link on the official announcement that you guys were discussing it here. It would be better if you would continue to conversation there though:

http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/license-change-for-tools-brushes-fonts-mxps-etc/57310

Thanks everyone! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by