119 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
AudioMonks says

Lance- you just cant compare our music to a graphic button,this is just wrong! envato cant have the same licences to all products on the market place, the spilt idea is good suggestion.

A VH autor can buy extended licence for a music pack from us for a ridicules price (the lowest at all music stock out there) and resale eace of OUR track separately in 4 different project like he wrote,record and produce the music…..there is one word for it….RIPOFF.

sorry envato this is just wrong, and i really want to see here more comments from top authors…where are you guys??

207 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
MusicPremium says

Ok, this situation is completely non-sense… And actually, i don’t think that Envato would make any changes… they took 2 weeks to answer this simple question (it’s not like the answer was different than we thought when this thread was created… so why it tooks so long to confirm…) anyway…
What do you guys think about having a “protest movement” to show that Envato doesn’t care about their creators ? Obviously, comparing a music composition to a image button is absurd. They think by products and not by creative works.
By “protest movement”, i mean like all having a profile homepage image with a message that says that we, authors, are not agree with this kind of licenses. And we’ll keep it until the situation doesn’t change.
I think that customers will care about that and see that, we, authors, the first source of Envato benefits, are not heard by Envato.
Let me know, i’ll make some propositions if you’re in.
I think it’s the better way to show people that this issue is a major one and it cannot stay this way. It’s completely non-sense.

It will be good to have some more authors opinions here.

ps : Lance, as you asked, the issue is not the extended licence price, it’s that this kind of practice is doable. Knowing that some authors on Envato can buy just one extended license and re-sell it… well… how could we be agree with that ?? come on…

297 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Cinquequarti says

By “protest movement”, i mean like all having a profile homepage image with a message that says that we, authors, are not agree with this kind of licenses. And we’ll keep it until the situation doesn’t change.
I think that customers will care about that and see that, we, authors, the first source of Envato benefits, are not heard by Envato.

We are totally with you, MusicPremium. An image on our profile page is more expressive then 1k words. Anyways, we think that a protest can be defined as such when it’s supported by a lot of people: so, hey Junglers, come on! Wake up and help yourselves to take your rights!

2013 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Build in a shopping cart or checkout system that asks the buyer something like : “This VideoHive template project contains audio by one of our AudioJungle authors. Would you like to purchase this as well?” If the buyer says yes, it instantly adds a license to their order and charges them the typical AudioJungle rate and both authors can get their nut.

This could be built into the item upload page that we all fill out tons of details on already. How much extra work would it really be for someone to type in “Track Name A” and “Author A”, or throw a link to the audio item into a few data entry fields on upload?

This would likely save people a lot of time too since quite a few authors create links with referrals, or full on Photoshop banners to advertise this partnership. With my suggestion we all would largely not have to do this, and instead just type in a few additional words when we upload new items.

Brilliant idea! It would actually hit/solve more than one problem/issue we have on the marketplaces. I just hope this suggestion won’t get buried in here…

207 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
MusicPremium says

Build in a shopping cart or checkout system that asks the buyer something like : “This VideoHive template project contains audio by one of our AudioJungle authors. Would you like to purchase this as well?” If the buyer says yes, it instantly adds a license to their order and charges them the typical AudioJungle rate and both authors can get their nut.

This could be built into the item upload page that we all fill out tons of details on already. How much extra work would it really be for someone to type in “Track Name A” and “Author A”, or throw a link to the audio item into a few data entry fields on upload?

This would likely save people a lot of time too since quite a few authors create links with referrals, or full on Photoshop banners to advertise this partnership. With my suggestion we all would largely not have to do this, and instead just type in a few additional words when we upload new items.
Brilliant idea! It would actually hit/solve more than one problem/issue we have on the marketplaces. I just hope this suggestion won’t get buried in here…

Yes, it’s a good one, but you know that it’s gonna take a long time before it appears in the marketplace (if they decide to make it…)... and during this time, this situation will go on… We, authors, have to handle this situation by ourselves… It’s the only way i see to be heard.

264 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
soundengine says

Just out of curiosity, is the price or the fact that it’s allowed the bigger issue? Meaning, if it were much more expensive, would authors be happy?

It’s not a pricing issue at all. For the VH author to profit, the AJ author has to loose. There’s no fine line in this. Raise the prices and it won’t be feasible for the VH authors. Similarly, lower the prices and AJ authors will opt out of the extended license (which many of us already did, at the expense of loosing the “legitimate” extended license revenue).

In short, I don’t need to compete against another stock author with my own item. Please disallow it.

119 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
AudioMonks says

Ok, this situation is completely non-sense… And actually, i don’t think that Envato would make any changes… they took 2 weeks to answer this simple question (it’s not like the answer was different than we thought when this thread was created… so why it tooks so long to confirm…) anyway…
What do you guys think about having a “protest movement” to show that Envato doesn’t care about their creators ? Obviously, comparing a music composition to a image button is absurd. They think by products and not by creative works.
I think it’s the better way to show people that this issue is a major one and it cannot stay this way. It’s completely non-sense.

It will be good to have some more authors opinions here. ps : Lance, as you asked, the issue is not the extended licence price, it’s that this kind of practice is doable. Knowing that some authors on Envato can buy just one extended license and re-sell it… well… how could we be agree with that ?? come on…

we are in dude! its seems like the only option

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts
Threads Started
591 posts
  • Finland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
scoringaudiogeeks says

Well just enabled extended licenses – every top author have extended licenses enabled so it would be silly to have them unabled…

So selling extended licenses same time and having some banner on homepage would make the difference? that sounds awkward :D

207 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
MusicPremium says

Well just enabled extended licenses – every top author have extended licenses enabled so it would be silly to have them unabled…
So selling extended licenses same time and having some banner on homepage would make the difference? that sounds awkward :D

I don’t think that is awkward. For me unable extended license is not a good idea. Just because i don’t want to penalize myself more for a thing that i didn’t choose (the licenses policies). But I can say to the world, in this case, to customers, that Envato doesn’t care about their creators’ point of view. And that, can be more effective than unable extended licenses… just my thought… and, more we are to do that, more it’ll work.
:)
409 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
joesacco says
by
by
by
by