• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Belarus
DOGmotion says

Then show me, please, at least one project which become popular because of greate music. Are you living on the Earth?
And on the Earth, music contributes greatly to the overall presentation of video. Otherwise we would watch movies, and VH projects, without any music needed at all to enhance the experience.
It’s true. :) But the situation you describe above seems to me totally unrealistic. Or maybe I don’t panic and misunderstand something, because I’m not AJ author. Anyway I’m on your side. ;)
229 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Germany
Boldtrax says

Same here, extended license excluded till this is sorted (which sucks…) Great and valid point soundengine, haven’t even taken into consideration what this opens up to buy an extended license and sell on other marketplaces than ENVATO . I don’t really know whether this is covered somewhere, but if it is not it makes the whole thing even worse.

At Dogmotion: I don’t see it unrealistic, as Pink has said, it’s a loophole that opens doors to many ways of misusage…

212 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
MusicPremium says

Guys, one question here :

- This situation stands since the recent change of licences, or it always been like that ?

Anyway, this situation is unacceptable… We have to do something here AJ authors. We can’t let this keep going…
I’ve been here less than a year and I increasingly feel that Envato does not care about their creators. This idea that Envato authors can re-sell my compositions is unbearable … For other authors from other marketplaces, i don’t care, it’s logical, but here ??? Cross promotion is like 70% of my sales…
Still waitin for an Envato answer here… Unacceptable…

ps : yesterday, i wanted to celebrate my 3000 sales, but with this… not anymore… AT ALL !!

229 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
Boldtrax says

I assume it has to do with the changes to the extended license that has been made recently (well, also nearly 6 month ago already), but either way, as you have said, we need an official statement on this as soon as possible, otherwise I’m afraid a lot of even good selling authors will refrain from selling extended licenses anymore if even leaving the market completely.

677 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Poland
FxProSound says

As rather SFX contributor I accept this situation and generally IMHO this is idea of this type of license. Really it would be hard to place sfx in template preview with watermarks and link them all :). But with tracks it should be modified. AJ should have more types of license:

Standard – just as it is without option of broadcasting, resell possibility

Extended Creative – something like current extended, but without possibility to give access to original file, tracks and sfx must be creatively modified ex: music track with voiceover and effect

Extended Included – Items for resell with option to include original file into work and give access to original file

Extended Broadcasting - option for pro and non-pro users for broadcasting media. PRO tracks can be sold with this license only

Standard Multiple - standard license for multiple use

229 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
Boldtrax says

Need to bump this up, still waiting for official reply. Scott, Adrian, Lance anyone? This needs to be sorted! Thanks

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
466 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Reviewer says

And we were promised a better communication effort from the staff not long ago… guys? Anyone?

5190 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

I alerted Lance to this yesterday and he said they were looking into it. License questions take a bit more time due to their complexity and only a select few on staff are able to answer them :)

229 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
Boldtrax says

Thx for the info

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
466 posts