I am using the wp_get_categories in a navigation but there is one theme I want to block, I know I can exclude it by using the ID of it but I don’t want to tell people to edit a file to remove the category from the list.
I found a way to do it but doesn’t work
<?php $id = get_cat_id('blog'); $q = "cat=" . $id; ?>and then to display the excluded category
<?php wp_list_categories('orderby=name&title_li=&exclude=<?php echo $q ?>'); ?>
But it shows up as No categories, instead of the list of categories!
Any ideas welcome
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
<?php wp_list_categories('orderby=name&title_li=&exclude='.$id); ?>
Try this:<?php wp_list_categories('orderby=name&title_li=&exclude='.$id); ?>
Thanks a lot
Yeah. You can’t have PHP tags within PHP tags.