• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
guitarjock says

OK guys,

I Just went nuts and purchased the following:

- Symphonic Choirs and the VOTA expansion - Hollywood Strings Diamond - Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus - Hollywood Brass Gold - Hollywood Woodwinds Gold

I already have Hollywood Strings Silver and Symphonic Choirs and VOTA. But I am now waiting, not so patiently, for the rest to come in the mail.

Anyway, I was just so excited that I had to post this. I hope all is well with you all.

Also, talk AJ into having a meet up in Dallas/Fort Worth. It is two cities in one! I moved here back in October of last year and it is an amazing place. Yes, everything is bigger in Texas. Y’all have to come and see it for yourself!

- guitarjock

P.S. Here is a snippet of a piece that I am writing with Strings and Choirs:

https://soundcloud.com/guitarjock/remembrance
34 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
EDM-Originals says

Hey!

Wow, that are some massive libraries, congrats. Looking forward to hearing some awesome stuff :)! Man, I would love to live in Fort Worth, you have one of the best churches in the world right next to your door! You should visit Prestonwood on Sunday, it’s life-changing :D!

Have a great weekend, Raphael

748 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
guitarjock says

Hey!

Wow, that are some massive libraries, congrats. Looking forward to hearing some awesome stuff :)! Man, I would love to live in Fort Worth, you have one of the best churches in the world right next to your door! You should visit Prestonwood on Sunday, it’s life-changing :D!

Have a great weekend, Raphael

I will have to check it out. I am looking it up now.

Thanks Raphael.

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts
Threads Started
482 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
kristopherfisheraudio says

While I hope you have a great experiance with these new samples please do the following:

Google the issues with iLok and EW at the moment, its quite serious – enough for me to never want to purchase anything iLok based again, also the PLAY engine in general is full of memory leaks to be aware that your RAM will get used up a lot quicker than another pack of the same size.

Just saw how old this thread was, hope your doing okay with EW?

535 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Coriiander says

Congratulations on your new libraries. It’s some amazing stuff, I’m using them as well (gold editions though), buying EWQL Symphonic Voices + expansion within 2 weeks from now.

While the EWQL stuff is simply amazing, I would recommend it to anyone. BUT, a huuuuge BUT here: for the sole reason of iLok I would strongly discourage people to even think of buying this. Again, the instruments are amazing, but iLok is utter, extreme crap (to put it nicely that is!). If you ever get any problems with it, you can literally forget about any support whatsoever from PACE (the iLok company). They just will not reply, and if they do, they give you some total crap answer after weeks of waiting. Believe me. Now read this warning again. And again. And maybe surf the net for thousands of DUPED customers. Yes, I typed duped on purpose, for that’s what I call it if a company changes their systems/software resulting in loss of thousands of licenses, without doing anything whatsoever about it. I actually recently created a thread on this matter: see here: MUST READ (!)

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/got-my-new-vsts-cant-do-anything-because-of-ewqlilok-failure/100762?page=1#824977

Luckily for me EWQL acknowledged I had recently bought the instruments, after having sent them a copy of ALL order details + licenses etc, after quite a while of waiting for no reply of PACE/iLok. EWQL was so kind to give me brand new licenses for free. They even activated them on the device for me, for really, I can’t (read: the software can’t due it’s bugginess). The iLok software just won’t work.

Don’t be discouraged: once you have it activated, don’t everrrr mess with syncing your licenses or anything. If you for some reason must transport that bloody iLok, then by all means wrap it in miles of bubble-sheets, put it in a steel safebox, chain it to yourself, because oh man, if anything ever happens to it you’re screwed for the upcoming weeks. Enjoy working with the libraries: they are fantastic really.

I’ve been working on some reproductions of Two Steps From Hell who use this stuff extensively. I just do this in order to learn working with the libraries. It’s bloody amazing that things turn out well indeed, and you get it to sound very, very close. If not for the gold editions (missing divisis and multiple mic positions), and the lack of pro-mixing/mastering processes (which I’m not so pro at yet). Take the 6FH horn patches in the brass edition for example. Now take the TSFH-song “Allegro Agitato” by Thomas Bergersen. While I was working on it (my first project in this matter) I was just blown away since my (Gold edition) horns sounded 100% the same without additional effects or anything. It’s some subtle workings with the modwheel though, so be sure to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of it for your favourite patches. Oh man, did I have a big smile :) The Gold-edition strings wouldn’t cut it for me though. You did wise to obtain the Diamond edition for that.

535 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
Coriiander says

Guitarjock, I uploaded a little mixdown of the horns I was talking about in Allegro Agitato. This is how I made them with the Hollywood Brass gold edition. Pretty close to the original if you ask me. > MP3 LINK <

9 posts
  • Dominican Republic
  • Exclusive Author
oidoperfecto says

I envy my friend.

99 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
RandallKHarp says

Great choices. EWQL makes some very nice virtual instruments/libraries. My collection consists of Goliath, Orchestra Gold, Pianos (LOVE the Steinway D!), Ra, SD2, and Voices of Passion. The varied keyswitches across the patches and products can be a bit overwhelming at times, but the sound quality is worth it, IMHO. :)

1111 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
UJ-pro says

Great choices. EWQL makes some very nice virtual instruments/libraries. My collection consists of Goliath, Orchestra Gold, Pianos (LOVE the Steinway D!), Ra, SD2, and Voices of Passion. The varied keyswitches across the patches and products can be a bit overwhelming at times, but the sound quality is worth it, IMHO. :)

You can hear the EWQL Steinway D on my song “Story Of A Friendship”.

And other great EWQL sounds on “Over The Highlands” and “Ocean Dreams”. ;-)

Don’t wanna post the links to keep the rules.

The player is a joke!

by
by
by
by
by
by