47 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
ClassicBeauty says

”...You need nobody’s permission to use your own music in your own video, you know.”

As long as you’re not sellling the music, that seems logical.

Buying your own track to get visibility will only be successful if the track is top quality. Otherwise, you’re flushing dollars down the commode. I can see the logic for someone like myself who, while not that new to Audiojungle, has done little promotion, and left my portfolio unchanged for weeks or months at a time. If I’m confident I have an excellent track, or perhaps a few excellent tracks that are not being noticed, it could theoretically help. But, as my friend Phil Larson says, “the cream will rise.” So over time you’ll be found if you’re producing quality music that is commercially viable.

5781 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Just to give some clarification, we don’t allow the buying of your own items if you’re trying to game the system. That means if you’re purchasing your items to inflate your stats or give yourself a high rating, this is definitely not allowed and could result in your account coming under review.

1075 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

Just to give some clarification, we don’t allow the buying of your own items if you’re trying to game the system. That means if you’re purchasing your items to inflate your stats or give yourself a high rating, this is definitely not allowed and could result in your account coming under review.

Thanks for the heads-up on this Travis, it’s most appreciated. This is something that’s been plaguing me (and others I’m sure) for quite some time.

I just hope my open confession of redeeming my ratings before the changes, hasn’t landed my account into whole bunch of trouble! Won’t be doing that again for sure! :stress:

by
by
by
by
by
by