205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
TJMusic says

For example, I’ve switched my Polish flag to EU flag just because I’m considering moving to France in a forseable future, and I’d rather keep my flag consistent wherever I live. Moving between Schengen countries is legally almost as easy as moving between cities after all, that’s the beautiful thing about EU.

Even after I’d moved to France, I’d rather not put French flag in the profile, because my French is not good enough for professional communication, and I guess the flag implies that somebody can also be contacted in a given language.

The country and city information is still visible in the profile, so if anybody is interested in such details, they are not hidden with the flag after all. I just think that showing a false flag is not right, but as for EU flag, it really doesn’t matter that much. It’s just the same, as choosing between UK and Scotish flag for somebody living in Scotland – both flags are relevant.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Could I use the European flag too, I’m Swiss? :)
Switzerland is within Europe, but not part of the European Community…
But I’m happy to have a Swiss flag and not an European Flag anyway :)
I’m even a bit sad, that so many people use just the “imprecise” European flag.

To me it would be very interesting to know where people are from. Not to judge them or something like this, but I like those many different cultures and it’s very fascinating to see people from countries I wouldn’t expect maybe that they use high tech gear but they do really amazing jobs!!
And I found already great friends of countries I didn’t expect it!

I guess, that’s exactly the reason why some fellows use the European flag: They may think it looks more trustworthy or something?!
But I guess, buyers learned or should learn that great projects can come from ANY country in the world and they judge the quality of a item and not the origin country!! :)
So I would encourage everybody to be proud of it’s country and use the “right” flag! :)

810 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

“European” authors more often are not from actual EU states…why do people do this?

The same reason you put a scantily clad chick instead your own photo on your profile – they don’t believe their real image is good enough. ;)
You know, there are certain stereotypes involved with every country, which can do more bad then good with regard to sales.

2010 posts
+8 more

“European” authors more often are not from actual EU states…why do people do this?
The same reason you put a scantily clad chick instead your own photo on your profile – they don’t believe their real image is good enough.
o.k., I hope you learned it now?! Where is your picture ;) ?
810 posts
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

\\  The same place my flag is!

2010 posts
+8 more

\\  The same place my flag is!
lol, nooooooh!
810 posts
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Well, without implying anything to other authors who have their mugshots as avatars, I never put my own picture as an avatar, because I can’t get rid of the feel that there’s something narcissistic in that. But it’s only my personal experience, as I said, it’s totally normal practice.

2010 posts
+8 more

Well, without implying anything to other authors who have their mugshots as avatars, I never put my own picture as an avatar, because I can’t get rid of the feel that there’s something narcissistic in that. But it’s only my personal experience, as I said, it’s totally normal practice.

Thank you :)
No really, I know exactly what you mean… To tell the truth: Somehow I would rather not show my picture for protecting my private sphere. But somehow I would like to not have a too big distance to my customers, they shall know how produces the items they buy. I can imagine for some buyers that is appreciated and warmer….?

30 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Max-Verbitski says

I from Belarus also am the center of Europe.

30 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Max-Verbitski says

I from Belarus also am the center of Europe.

English from the translator, excuse.

by
by
by
by
by
by