262 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
Cryonics says
After listening to this song I was in a light shock! as the author was able to convey the Middle Ages in this epic song! it’s awesome! Maybe someone knows the epic scales? It would be very interesting … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdG8FJbJq28
241 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+8 more
BCrutchfield Envato team says

Its not really ‘epic scales’ that give it that sound IMO , it is the voice leading, or more accurately – the lack of it. (The leading tone (B ) back to i (C minor).)

Really, he is in C aeolian using major/minor chords, and no leading tone to modulate back to i. He gets there by bVII -> i or minor v -> i. He also goes to the relative major (Ab) as well, but still only uses notes from C aeolian to get there, and to get back.

Hope this helps

262 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
Cryonics says

Its not really ‘epic scales’ that give it that sound IMO , it is the voice leading, or more accurately – the lack of it. (The leading tone (B ) back to i (C minor).)

Really, he is in C aeolian using major/minor chords, and no leading tone to modulate back to i. He gets there by bVII -> i or minor v -> i. He also goes to the relative major (Ab) as well, but still only uses notes from C aeolian to get there, and to get back.

Hope this helps
Thanks! You have good theoretical knowledge of music… 8-)
291 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
rtofvnt says
Thanks! You have good theoretical knowledge of music… 8-)

You can hear in portfolio and see in sales it’s not only theory :-) Keep up doing good work :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by