LightLotusProduction
LightLotusProduction Recent Posts Threads Started
290 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Europe
LightLotusProduction says

I requested a staff reply twice. Still nothing?

I kinda feel hurt by this decision from the Envato network, and I think that at least I deserve an explanation on this matter. Thanks.

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
FruityJuice says

Please note that some submissions were not eligible for the contest either because the pack of sounds was not quite what we were looking for and not truly suitable for Radio Imaging, or the sounds included could not really be mixed together to create useful Radio Imaging Sweeps and therefore lacked application and utility. Our decision on whether items meet approval criteria are final as per the contest terms and conditions. Thank you for understanding!
I was in the first 30 to have the pack approved. Worked really hard and quick cause here it was night here when the contest began. If my item was “not eligible for the contest either because the pack of sounds was not quite what we were looking for and not truly suitable for Radio Imaging”, why was it approved it in the first place? I respect your decision but I really would like to understand this. Thanks. By the way, cheers to all the winners! Guess you deserved it ;)

Just the same situation :-/ And the same question: why was my pack approved, when it is “not eligible for the contest either because the pack of sounds was not quite what we were looking for and not truly suitable for Radio Imaging”? can´t understand

2612 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

I was in the first 30 to have the pack approved. Worked really hard and quick cause here it was night here when the contest began. If my item was “not eligible for the contest either because the pack of sounds was not quite what we were looking for and not truly suitable for Radio Imaging”, why was it approved it in the first place? I respect your decision but I really would like to understand this. Thanks.

By the way, cheers to all the winners! Guess you deserved it ;)

Hello LLP, thanks for the question. :) Your item was good enough for our library/the category, which is why your item was accepted. But due to the specific requirements of the contest as Shane pointed out, it was not considered relevant to what we were asking for in the contest. If we were asking for more photos of chimpanzees in an EMW on PhotoDune for example but we got images of orangutans instead, we’d accept the photos of the orangutans into the library and the author could sell them, but they would not be eligible for the contest. All entries to all our EMW contests are very carefully examined for eligibility. Hope that answers your question. :)

LightLotusProduction
LightLotusProduction Recent Posts Threads Started
290 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
LightLotusProduction says

I was in the first 30 to have the pack approved. Worked really hard and quick cause here it was night here when the contest began. If my item was “not eligible for the contest either because the pack of sounds was not quite what we were looking for and not truly suitable for Radio Imaging”, why was it approved it in the first place? I respect your decision but I really would like to understand this. Thanks.

By the way, cheers to all the winners! Guess you deserved it ;)
Hello LLP, thanks for the question. :) Your item was good enough for our library/the category, which is why your item was accepted. But due to the specific requirements of the contest as Shane pointed out, it was not considered relevant to what we were asking for in the contest. If we were asking for more photos of chimpanzees in an EMW on PhotoDune for example but we got images of orangutans instead, we’d accept the photos of the orangutans into the library and the author could sell them, but they would not be eligible for the contest. All entries to all our EMW contests are very carefully examined for eligibility. Hope that answers your question. :)

Thanks for the answer Scott! :)

Your example is clear enough. The thing is, if I tried to submit a photo of an orangutan calling it “Happy Chimpanzee”, would you change the title before approving it at least? That way I’d know that my item will not be eligible for the contest, as I submitted something else. I’m saying this because if my submitted pack wasn’t about “Radio Imaging Sound Effect”, I don’t really know what I actually submitted :) And it was clear enough that I was submitting my item in order to enter the EMW contest, wasn’t it?

What I’m saying is, next time you should be more careful when phrasing the contest rules. Because the way the winners were chosen, it wasn’t a real “first 30 approved wins” but it was more like “first 30 we like/are better approved” wins. Otherwise, next time, you should clearly and immediately state when an approved submission is eligible (eg. is the winner) for the contest or not.

Apart from that I respect your decision, even if I’m kinda hurt because not only I thought I won but also because i put a great effort to enter the contest; seeing now what happened in the end is quite demotivating for me.

Thanks for your insight and again congrats to all the winners :)

2612 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

Thanks for understanding, LLP. :) We posted a specific example in the announcement of what we were looking for: http://audiojungle.net/item/radio-imaging-fx-pack-2/129022

We felt that your submission did not meet this particular requirement (http://audiojungle.net/item/radio-imaging-sound-effects-pack/4150819) and could not be used effectively as a radio sweep. It was more like individual sound effects.

At no point was it about the “first 30 we like/are better approved” as you put it. All our Most Wanted events across all our Marketplaces are about the first items to be submitted that meet our requirements.

45 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Europe
CyrilNikitin says

It was a pleasant surprise, thanks Envato!

When I was working, I did not know about the condition of “the first 30” so I am particularly pleased the triumph of goodness :). Those who are not fortunate be strong!

PS: The fun badge I feel like Scrooge McDuck

2088 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says