(Locked) Envato's Most Wanted - $2,500 Reward for the First 25 Retina Ready User Interfaces

38 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
AppVolt says

Thanks for all the feedback, guys, glad a lot of people are excited about this Most Wanted event! We’re already seeing lots of submissions coming in so you’d better act quickly to get in on this one, don’t delay! :)

One quick update I wanted to mention – I don’t think we did the best job of describing file requirements so with the help of the GR review team we’ve updated the file requirements. The announcement has been updated accordingly. This is what was amended, hope it helps a little more. Thanks for the comments in the forums and via Twitter that inquired about what we were actually looking for. :)

Files we are looking for: Retina Ready User Interfaces suitable for Apple iOS. “Standard” files should be in 72ppi format but to create a Retina display version you need to double the pixel size of the “standard” version. For example, if your “standard” element size is 300×100 pixels, the Retina version should be 600×200 pixels. You may include the “standard” version with your submission but we are specifically looking for full User Interface layouts or collections that are double (x2) the size of “standard” dimensions. 326ppi versions may be included if you wish, simply state what formats are included in your item description.

Thanks for reacting and updating that fast :)

Won’t be participating in the contest but good luck to all!

27 posts
  • Mexico
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
Alter says

The examples on the descriptions are all media players or similar.

Can we submit a web interface? or does it need to be more of an app?

1603 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+8 more
PatrikL Reviewer says

The examples on the descriptions are all media players or similar. Can we submit a web interface? or does it need to be more of an app?

Any UI will do fine, as long as it’s a user interface it won’t matter if it’s for web, applications or similar :)

So… are you choosing files with the first 25 uploaded or the best 25??

The first 25 are the one’s that will be counted so hurry up! :)

anchor_point_heshan
anchor_point_heshan Recent Posts
Threads Started
313 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
anchor_point_heshan says

As according to the forum rules we have to design it in 72ppi and DOUBLE THE PIXEL size isn’t it? not the resolution… as xcode supports 72ppi. so the image size should be doubled? and it says to include the 326ppi version IF WE WISH TO ONLY ? So I submitted a file in 72ppi in the standard version and doubled the image size in the retina version. Unfortunately the it had been soft rejected and one reason says the files are not retina compatible…... all the other submitted files had included the 326ppi version but I didn’t because I thought it it’s not a must according to the forum rules. PLEASE SOME BODY HELP ME …..

335 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Folksnet says

As according to the forum rules we have to design it in 72ppi and DOUBLE THE PIXEL size isn’t it? not the resolution… as xcode supports 72ppi. so the image size should be doubled? and it says to include the 326ppi version IF WE WISH TO ONLY ? So I submitted a file in 72ppi in the standard version and doubled the image size in the retina version. Unfortunately the it had been soft rejected and one reason says the files are not retina compatible…... all the other submitted files had included the 326ppi version but I didn’t because I thought it it’s not a must according to the forum rules. PLEASE SOME BODY HELP ME …..
It is very simple. Retina resolution is 326ppi not doubled of 72ppi. 72ppi rule is so old that it doesn’t mean anything now days.
38 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
AppVolt says

Standard: example_file.png / 100×150px / 72ppi

Retina: example_file@2x.png / 200×300px / 72ppi

Is the way it should be. There is no 326ppi involved anywhere.

1142 posts
  • Brazil
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
RafaelOliveira says

I’m in guys :)

488 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
PixelBuffet says

+1 to what AppVolt said!

360 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
tmthymllr says

How about adding support for Retina/HiDPI icon sets (SVG and webfont kits), too, Envato? To the site, not the contest. :)

111 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Portugal
PVillage says

Hi there! I just got my Retina UI approved :D!!!

Just one question about the competition: I completed the authorization form and got the confirmation screen, but i thought i was going to receive a confirmation email (wich didn’t happen)!

Is there a way to confirm the authorization is complete and ok?

Good luck to all ;)!

by
by
by
by
by
by