554 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+12 more
theMOLITOR says

Proud to be the official demo for this cool little script ;-)

554 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+12 more
theMOLITOR says

As you may have noticed, I’m using this script to pull an item from two different marketplaces (Theme Forest and Graphic River). For awhile, both were displaying the most recently SOLD item. However, I think the Theme Forest item is now displaying the most recently UPLOADED item (Graphic River is still displaying recently SOLD ).

What does this mean? Well, it seems you will get varied results depending on the marketplace you’re pulling from.

Thoughts?

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
As you may have noticed, I’m using this script to pull an item from two different marketplaces (Theme Forest and Graphic River). For awhile, both were displaying the most recently SOLD item. However, I think the Theme Forest item is now displaying the most recently UPLOADED item (Graphic River is still displaying recently SOLD ).

What does this mean? Well, it seems you will get varied results depending on the marketplace you’re pulling from.

Thoughts?
Hi Molitor,

Thanks again for all your feedback on this plugin and working with me on this issue.

To clear this up, the plugin is meant to show you recent items, not recently sold. However, it seems some users, depending on the marketplace have their recently sold items show up instead. I have been unable to replicate this ‘issue’ so it’s hard to say. I think a lot of this behavior has to do with the API being so new and the developers are constantly working on it. I know they just released a frozen version, so when I get some time the plugin will be moved to v1 instead of edge.

In a nutshell for all who are wondering, the plugin should show your recently uploaded items, however, sometimes (depending on the marketplace and according to people using the plugin) it shows recently sold.

Hopefully that clears up some of the confusion. It would be a huge help if anyone using this could provide feedback and insight into any issues or behavior they notice :)

-Drew

by
by
by
by
by
by