6000 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

For the past 3 years, I was constantly trying to reduce my work load / working hours to keep me relaxed and to spend time on personal interests.

2 years back, I don’t know about stock sites. I was busy with freelancing from home. After 5-6 months, I had chances to visit FlashDen while searching for stock items (or free files, tutorials). Still I had no idea to upload files and actually wondered why some talented people investing their time on $10-20 files instead of searching for $500 projects that can be completed in 3-4 days.

Middle of 2008, Really felt that I am wasting my entire personal life just to create money and some funny flash animations/coding. Then decided to find other ways, seriously discussed with my friend (Subramani aka FMedia) and he pointed me FD and several authors earnings. Then I posted one file to test how upload process goes here and posted another file immediatly which returned around half of the target earning for that month (and still now that file sells well!).

Until now, I have posted 5 files. 2 files just to test the water in FD and GR, so no real earnings from those files. Another one file is a finanicial failure due to my poor judgement towards industry needs. Remaining 2 files really made me to reach beyond what I expected. Definetly FlashDen (ActiveDen) is a gift which saved me atleast an year and looks like it will continue further! :)

Some of the awesome facts that really made me to stick with this site:
- We can update files as much as times we want. So we can improve files as per buyer’s suggestions.
- Ability to access sales stats of any file (date of upload, overall sales, last weeks sales through weekly popular and many more)
- The forum and responsive/helpful community movement.

335 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
tiam says

For me envato has opened up new areas of work.

Recently a man from Australia contacted me via audiojungle and asked me if I could produce a jingle for him for a tv commercial in Australia. Keep in mind I live in Sweden. Its on the other side of the globe… I made the jingle within the time agreed and he payed as agreed. This done without a single phonecall or meeting. Just a couple of emails with some instructions and then we where good to go.

I think that is really cool and it wouldnt have happened without envato. Sure I have done a lot of freelance works befor but not via email from the other side of the world :D

3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
Alllrriiiteee I suppose I didn’t put anywhere near enough clues lol :D
Devan Taeed now we know who you are :D mwahahahaa! :P

yes indeed :)

3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
For the past 3 years, I was constantly trying to reduce my work load / working hours to keep me relaxed and to spend time on personal interests.

2 years back, I don’t know about stock sites. I was busy with freelancing from home. After 5-6 months, I had chances to visit FlashDen while searching for stock items (or free files, tutorials). Still I had no idea to upload files and actually wondered why some talented people investing their time on $10-20 files instead of searching for $500 projects that can be completed in 3-4 days.

Middle of 2008, Really felt that I am wasting my entire personal life just to create money and some funny flash animations/coding. Then decided to find other ways, seriously discussed with my friend (Subramani aka FMedia) and he pointed me FD and several authors earnings. Then I posted one file to test how upload process goes here and posted another file immediatly which returned around half of the target earning for that month (and still now that file sells well!).

Until now, I have posted 5 files. 2 files just to test the water in FD and GR, so no real earnings from those files. Another one file is a finanicial failure due to my poor judgement towards industry needs. Remaining 2 files really made me to reach beyond what I expected. Definetly FlashDen (ActiveDen) is a gift which saved me atleast an year and looks like it will continue further! :)

Some of the awesome facts that really made me to stick with this site:
- We can update files as much as times we want. So we can improve files as per buyer’s suggestions.
- Ability to access sales stats of any file (date of upload, overall sales, last weeks sales through weekly popular and many more)
- The forum and responsive/helpful community movement.

really interesting….

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

Recently a man from Australia contacted me via audiojungle and asked me if I could produce a jingle for him for a tv commercial in Australia. Keep in mind I live in Sweden. Its on the other side of the globe… I made the jingle within the time agreed and he payed as agreed. This done without a single phonecall or meeting. Just a couple of emails with some instructions and then we where good to go.

I think that is really cool and it wouldnt have happened without envato. Sure I have done a lot of freelance works befor but not via email from the other side of the world :D

really interesting story tiam :D

91 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
fmdesignlab says

internet change the world :) good luck

208 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
AdrianMG says

I am wondering if I can make more incomes working in 3 / 4 themes for Themeforest instead of freelancing in a month… :D

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
I am wondering if I can make more incomes working in 3 / 4 themes for Themeforest instead of freelancing in a month… :D

I bet you can :D

2002 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

i should not be here…. i mean, really…

‘cause for the past 10y or more, i’ve been a full time linux sysadmin and php/mysql developer.
always used javascript / html / css, never cared much about flash.

but, i had to learn actionscript for a project, then found flashden some months later.
so i joined, just to see how stock sites works, and uploaded my first 2 files….

then, as totally unexpected, i got 4 sales the first day… wow.. so this thing works ?
so i am here and i won’t leave. period.

‘cause i’m having so much fun…... just doing same the stuff when i was a kid,
coding my games on a MSX VG8020 or later with demos written in pure x86 assembly

who remembers mode 13h here ?

people are actually paying me to have fun.
i love this place

318 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
imaginem says

Coming from where i’m from (link) it requires a lot of hard work to make ends meet as a freelancer. Being in a small and densely populated city meant soaring living expenses.

I found themeforest at a stressful time with loads of work. I signed up for themeforest and after uploading the first theme I remember checking if the theme got approved every now and then. The first approval note, the first sale and the first months income. It was all real.

I have a daughter Michelle, son Mikael and wife Liea who has been extremely supportive to get the time here from the start. Since the first sale my income has steadily increased – it’s like a package of goodness , where i get to be home with my family, work and earn at the same time.

To Collis and Cyan- Thank you from me and my family.

Thank you Envato!

by
by
by
by
by
by