• Australia
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
+5 more
collis Staff says

Oh and since I don’t think anyone will be able to guess … the user “Devan” above is my little brother!!! 8)

4264 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

I came here for the first time with this giveaway, Collis gave us a 10$ bonus to spend in ThemeForest, it was good :) I didn’t knew (x)HTML/CSS only the basics but with time and some Jeffrey Way tutorials I’ve coded the PSD that I bought with those 10 bucks!, I’ve learned everything in Nettuts, (xHTML, CSS and a bit of jQuery) the entire Envato Network is my second home. I’m planning to read a AS3 book to start in Flash development.

Thanks again Envato :)

4128 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

heh :P let me have a go at this. I came on Envato… about 1 year ago… something like that… brought here by Unlimited… Who is a classmate of mine… He kept having weird yahoo messenger status… and links… flashden …. flashden… one day… ah… what the heck is Flashden?! he gave me the link… My first reaction was DIGITAL SCIENCE !!! OH MY GOD !!! THAT GUY IS RICH !!! HOLY CRAP ! :)) Then saw triworks… 50 tones, who is a fellow Romanian… so from my basic knowladge in photoshop and dreamweaver, started learning more and more, getting some clients as freelance… I`m still a small kid compared to all of you guys… but still… envato brought me my first freelance contract… which… brought me my Iphone :D and many other cooool gadgets…. I never thought flash could do this… When I first saw a template from DS… he was giving some tips about the code… I was ” HOLY CRAP ! GOOGLE TRANSLATE , TRANSLATE TO HUMAN LANGUAGE !!! ” Then… tutorials :D tutorials, tutorials, and more tutorials… Come to think about it, that’s how I learned AS2 , now… going hard and strong for AS3 … Bloody AS2 had to die exactlly when I finished learning the thing :|

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

In May of 2007, I was EXTREMELY bored at work, and found a little tool called Stumble, which I promptly added to Firefox and I had to fill in a few things I was interested in. I checked off things like design, jokes, videos, etc. (your normal, run of the mill, bored at work stuff). After a few weeks of using the tool when I had 5 minutes here and there, I stumbled across FlashDen. Whats funny is I just kept on going. I literally stumbled across this site 3 – 4 times before actually looking at it to see what it did. Finally I figured if stumble keeps throwing it in my face, I might as well check it out.

I started out on the site as a member, and hung out in the forums. Checking the new Flash & Video files daily. Back then the video section was intended for nothing more than video elements to use within Flash projects. And it was SLOW as molasses. If video had been a stronger seller back then, I probably would have been nothing more than an author. But its more relaxed sales, paired with the amazing Flash that was being pumped through was enough to keep me an active community member.

I contributed to tons of postings on the forums. Most of them had to do with the clubbing of baby seals (not exactly sure why I was picked for a moderating role later on in the story :P, thanks Collis!). After submitting a few videos and being physically addicted to the awesome community here, I started thinking about reviewing. At the time there were only a handful of reviewers as we know them today. Bobocel being one of them, and at the time, the only one handling videos. I decided to ask Eden if I could be a reviewer for just the video section. I think I annoyed them into letting me, I remember writing a bunch of suggestions, and harassing emails threatening to take out Ryan if they didn’t give me the gig. Joking of course…or am I!?

After reviewing video for a while, I was given the opportunity to become a forum moderator, regardless of my hatred to those damn seal pups. Of course I gladly accepted. During this period, I was reviewing the 2 daily video submissions, and moderating the forums. Rumors began spreading about a Video marketplace. I remember thinking to myself, “hopefully one day it will happen, but since its taking 34 years for AudioJungle to go live, it probably wont be for a while”. I think it actually took about a year from that point. Maybe a little less. And while waiting, I did some reviewing for ThemeForest, just as Jeffrey was coming on board.

VideoHive went live, projects were implemented, and did quite well. Now, I own 49% of Envato, and spend my time relaxing on my yacht drinking banana smoothies, reading the Robb Report. Occasionally, I’ll talk on the forum, moderate a few things, and manage VH when I have some time left over.

I just recently started studying Flash, and plan to hopefully begin uploading to ActiveDen by January. I do have one Flash file and its HORRIBLE . I drew this little animation frame by frame and then converted it to a movieclip. Jay helped me with the preview (hey Jay!) and I think it actually sold once or twice. Sorry to those two people, whoever you are! I also have a bunch of print work that I plan on sending Amanda’s way whenever I get around to finishing them all.

That was fun!

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

First of all , I want to say thank you to Collis and everybody behind this awesome company. You had a dream and you gave everything so that you can realize it and you did it. The result of your actions are that now , we all can follow our dream. You gave us a wonderfull playground where we can learn , teach , build and be our own boss. I see the envato marketplace like a big big building with room for everybody who want to open their little store and showcase their little hand-crafted product. The only limit there is now is the one that we impose ourselves. Whoever work hard can succeed in this company and it’s awesome. Thanks for that , I really appreciate it.

My story :

I found themeforest at the end of January 09. Back then I didn’t knew how to code a single line of HTML /CSS and I had only a couple month of design experience because I was doing some design contest on a “crowd” site.

I always wanted to make money with computers and when I saw some guys were making a lot of money on this site , I knew this was somemething I could do with practice.

2 month later , I had serious back pain because my equipment werent enough ergonomic + break up with my GF so I wasn’t in the mood of creating anything. I took a break during summer and re-start working on my stuff during August 09.

I’m becoming quite good with HTML /CSS and I think my design skills are better from theme to theme.

I am really inspired by guys like Kriesi and Epicera who do some really really nice work and I hope I will be near them in the Top author chart soon.

What I like the most is seeing buyer’s and author’s comments on my item saying that my work is good and that they love what I do .. it’s always a really really nice feeling to see that.

I think we are all very lucky to have this opportunity.

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

VideoHive went live, projects were implemented, and did quite well. Now, I own 49% of Envato, and spend my time relaxing on my yacht drinking banana smoothies, reading the Robb Report. Occasionally, I’ll talk on the forum, moderate a few things, and manage VH when I have some time left over.

Lol Mark… :)

I thank God for Envato…

I cannot recall how I found Envato but recently became a member in July 2009. I landed to VH and fall in love inmediatly. I was around the site for a month without even realized the other websites like audiojungle, flashden, themeforest and the tuts section.

Before that, I have little interest in AE even though I was working with video mostly in Premiere. Becoming a member made me realize how awesome AE is and started learning. After 4 months here, I’ve learned so much of AE and Flash than my last 2 years of just being interested but never did nothing actually.

I have a lot of perseverance and after uploading some audio files to audiojungle, I know in some time I’ll become a top author and a reviewer (another thing I’m aspiring) here.

God bless you all and awesome and inspiring testimonials! Specially Digital Science who I admire a lot… ;)

11 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Mexico
Molk says

Hi guys I usually a buyer from the Envato Marketplaces, i bought a lot of nice items, and get really impressed with people like Digital Science, Bobocel, and some others i can’t recall their names.

im actuall creating my first file to sell in ThemeForest, and later on im tryin to code it so i hope to be around here for a while.

i don’t visit the forums regularly but i will, because it looks that you guys have a great community here, so i’ll be in touch.

Sorry for my english ;) Love Envato!!

130 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
deanb says

Great thread FJ

69 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years