226 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • New Zealand
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Idil-Ciise says

Thanks for your encouragement, I will upload something soon. :)

3868 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+4 more
flashjunkie says

Great to see this thread still going after so many months :)

Keep the stories comin! :D

1426 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says
Great to see this thread still going after so many months :) Keep the stories comin! :D

The best thread ever, you should receive the forum superstar badge.

1605 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+9 more
PatrikL Reviewer says
Great to see this thread still going after so many months :) Keep the stories comin! :D
The best thread ever, you should receive the forum superstar badge.

I agree with, Kailoon on this one. You should get a Forum Superstar badge for it. :)

266 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
harrykirkby says

I joined around December 2009, and loved the community immediatley. As I’m only 15, going on 16, I’ve not really had alot of time to design alot especially with exams and stuff. I’ve been frustrated with some of my work that’s been rejected, when my WORST design got accepted (weird huh). Anyway, I’ve made $1.20, now thats it?

I can’t spend it so :P

ConstantinPotorac
ConstantinPotorac Recent Posts Threads Started
645 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
+7 more
ConstantinPotorac Reviewer says
Oh and since I don’t think anyone will be able to guess … the user “Devan” above is my little brother!!! 8)

wow… didn’t know :)) nice

554 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Shaktal says

I’ve only been at the Envato Marketplaces for little over a month, and in that time I’ve loved it. The Community is great, possibly the best that I’ve ever encountered, full of helpful people with a similar interest to myself.

Envato allows a great freedom, and allows me to make some money from what I love doing (Graphic design, and (soon) web design)!

Thank you so much Envato!!!! :)
Thomas

ConstantinPotorac
645 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
+7 more
Coming from where i’m from (link) it requires a lot of hard work to make ends meet as a freelancer. Being in a small and densely populated city meant soaring living expenses.

I found themeforest at a stressful time with loads of work. I signed up for themeforest and after uploading the first theme I remember checking if the theme got approved every now and then. The first approval note, the first sale and the first months income. It was all real.

I have a daughter Michelle, son Mikael and wife Liea who has been extremely supportive to get the time here from the start. Since the first sale my income has steadily increased – it’s like a package of goodness , where i get to be home with my family, work and earn at the same time.

To Collis and Cyan- Thank you from me and my family.

Thank you Envato!

You actually seem to be living in paradise :)

ConstantinPotorac
645 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
+7 more

Heh… nice stories. Got so say I did not managed to read them all but will do.

Here is my story…but before I go I want to Offer Eternal Gratitude to Collis, Cyan and Jun for the amazing idea you had. By creating this amazing Envato community, marketplaces, educational websites and others, you just offered all of us a possibility to achieve what we never dreamed of. You actually gave us another reason to believe in ourselves and made us forget about what to do tomorrow to pay for our needs and food. :) Now we just open up the computer and see money in the toolbar. :)) (How the heck did that got there?) – One day my grandfather was looking at the screen and saw 45$ in the tool bar (looked really confused) and asked me that if he shakes the monitor will it spit that money? :))

Anyway… sit down as you have some reading to do :))

When I first heard about Envato it was actually through PSDTUTS as at that moment I was still learning and was searching for new places to get inspiration from.

After a while of reading and going through with the tutorials I eventually decided to create my own tutorials and send them over to PSDTUTS but had some rejections, had a hard time but after getting to chat a little with the great team over there I got the hang of things and I can say that at the moment I am constantly receiving tutorial writing offers from all over the world.

First tutorial ever published was in Jan 11th 2008.

Starting to actually work for Envato by writing tutorials is one of the big steps I have ever made in my professional life because this lead to me slowly quitting working through RentACoder and creating a greater and stronger portfolio along with it.

As my tutorials got better and better and more diverse I eventually started getting more clients and job offers and all of this with the help of Envato. Wrote tutorials for sites like Tutorial9, Tutzor, Webdesignerdepot and expanding. :)

As ActiveDen (FlashDen at the moment) was launched I really hopped that Envato will create another sister marketplace for the graphic designers and then Theme Forest and GraphicRiver were born. I was really happy this happened because I knew I will be able to sell my work and to make an even bigger portfolio and yes money. :)

I had so many rejections in both ThemeForest and GraphicRiver but I stopped, read the articles provided, looked at the best approved items then understood where I was messing it up.

Since I started working with Envato and because of the success I had, my dream was to be part of the Envato team and here I am. :)

I first posted some icons that never sold and just stopped preparing anything for GR. After I returned from a big trip to US I became obsessed with writing more tutorials for PSDTUTS and thought I will create some more stuff for GR. As soon as I submitted my first Black Icons http://graphicriver.net/item/detailed-opened-hard-drive-icon-pack/73845 I knew they will be a big success because everyone loved them and I was getting so many appreciations.

I started submitting items to this marketplace (ignoring the first icons) in 4 December 09 and since then I already got a Red Paw and reached 291 Sales. Made over 400$ since then and I am really happy with the results because my portfolio is always expanding and I know my sales and money will. :)

Selling my work through GraphicRiver is something I really love to do and I see this as a hobby and not as a job. Making tutorials again is something I love to do and not something I feel obligated to do. I have always loved working as a Graphic Designer and this might be the key for my success.

Working as a reviewer is even better because I love doing it. I know what I am doing and I was going this even before I knew what a reviewer is. I teamed up with some friends and I was actually reviewing the tutorials they were creating and made sure they are ready for PSDTUTS or where they wanted to publish them.

The team I am working with and the amazing Manager Amanda just make my days better. It is such a great team to work with. ;)

One of the greatest things about working for Envato and being able to sell my work through the marketplaces is that it made my life easier. I paid for my University, I got to help my family out, I got to pay a few bills, had some money go give away to friends in need, got to visit places and so many more reasons to love Envato.

I am usually a quite guy (until I get a few too many drinks) but now I have so many things to talk with friends and so many ideas to propose to them and they all gravitate around Envato. :)

For the moment I am very busy with lots of projects and plans for the summer but as soon as I get some free time I am so looking forward to release my already created items and see what you all think about them because getting great feedback from the community means so much to me.

All that being said Thank You Envato and thank you community for being so amazing.

PS. Did I mentioned I managed to buy clothes, iMac, iPhone, iPod, accessories and all that stuff that makes you look cool and all this with the help of Envato? Oh yeah… got girls all over me too :))

ConstantinPotorac
645 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
+7 more
I was lurking in this marketplace for about two years and started only lately to experiment being an author. I’m doing flash stuff since ‘99 mostly design and timeline animation, though I began later to experiment some actionscript.

After a few months of comparing with other marketplaces I realized that Envato is the best one and I decided to become an exclusive author. It seems that my work is appreciated here and I’m thinking of doing more stuff. ;)

Now I’m here since July 2009 still experimenting this kind of business. Let’s see how things will go. I’m quite happy for now as I’m getting familiar with the whole process and I’ll certainly increase the quality of my work further in the future. :)

I should maybe give themeforest a try. :P

I love your logo :))

by
by
by
by
by
by