153 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
wpminima says

I think what Danny is trying to say is that if there is a pre reviewer, then the current review staf can do other, more productive things until there is a set amount of items that went trough the prereviewer and then the current review staf shoots into action on a set hour or something like that :)

196 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
DanyDuchaine says

Maybe I wasn’t clear.

For example, on Themeforest, there’s Kailoon and Ivor who both do an excellent job. But in my opinion, there is too many submission for them.

But their job is not only deciding if an item is ready or not, they have to test, look at the documentation, run themecheck to see if everything is ok, look at the demo etc etc ..

I am not saying Envato should hire some reviewers with the skill level of Kailoon and Ivor, but some guys with decent knowledge of what should and should not be approve, to make their job easier.

It’s like in the healthcare system in my country, they were talking about allowing nurse to do “doctor” task that doctor didn’t need to do so they can focus on real important stuff .. if that doesn’t make sense, I don’t know what will.

196 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
DanyDuchaine says

I think what Danny is trying to say is that if there is a pre reviewer, then the current review staf can do other, more productive things until there is a set amount of items that went trough the prereviewer and then the current review staf shoots into action on a set hour or something like that :)

Ah, someone who can figure stuff on his own, I like that. :)

1034 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

Maybe I wasn’t clear.

For example, on Themeforest, there’s Kailoon and Ivor who both do an excellent job. But in my opinion, there is too many submission for them.

But their job is not only deciding if an item is ready or not, they have to test, look at the documentation, run themecheck to see if everything is ok, look at the demo etc etc ..

I am not saying Envato should hire some reviewers with the skill level of Kailoon and Ivor, but some guys with decent knowledge of what should and should not be approve, to make their job easier.

It’s like in the healthcare system in my country, they were talking about allowing nurse to do “doctor” task that doctor didn’t need to do so they can focus on real important stuff .. if that doesn’t make sense, I don’t know what will.

We have figured out what you mean so don’t be cocky.

The doctor thing is completely different.
You can be slightly sick to extremely sick
A theme can only be three things.

• Bad (Takes seconds to work out)
  • Good (Soft reject, point out things don’t spend a lot of time)
  • Really Good (Accepted, a larger amount of time checking code etc)

People already complain about there being too many themes pushed onto the homepage
196 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
DanyDuchaine says

Maybe I wasn’t clear.

We have figured out what you mean so don’t be cocky.

The doctor thing is completely different.
You can be slightly sick to extremely sick
A theme can only be three things.
  • Bad (Takes seconds to work out)
  • Good (Soft reject, point out things don’t spend a lot of time)
  • Really Good (Accepted, a larger amount of time checking code etc)

People already complain about there being too many themes pushed onto the homepage

I think I will have to continue to be cocky because you definitly don’t get it.

Even if they don’t take a “LOT” of time .. they still take time and there is a TON of file uploaded that aren’t ready. Even if it take 2 mins .. 150 submissions is still 5 hours.

And we are not talking about updates and soft-rejected themes that need to be reevaluated.

And also, my idea is based on the fact that it will only continue to grow .. don’t you see it?

629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
Thecodingdude says

This won’t ever happen so this discussion isn’t worth having.

The current system works fine. If you dislike any part of Envato, you’re free to leave your comments here, but in reality, they will make very little difference. Either accept Envato for what it is or move on.

Also, please can you provide any factual or approved sources for your statistical information you have provided? Always nice too know the person has done some research and not making figures up. :).

639 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Haiti
Crakken says

This won’t ever happen so this discussion isn’t worth having.

Seriously.

1363 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

If they hire a “pre-reviewer” it should not be a current author on the marketplace. Everyone is competing for sales and it wouldn’t be fair if another author gets to reject you… my 2 cents

196 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
DanyDuchaine says

If they hire a “pre-reviewer” it should not be a current author on the marketplace. Everyone is competing for sales and it wouldn’t be fair if another author gets to reject you… my 2 cents

Kailoon and ivor have item for sales. Ok no more forum time for me, its nonsense after nonsense.

82 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
GJThemes says

If I understand this correctly, there’s really only a couple reviewers…the solution would be to have more hired but have at least one per main (and busy) category: WordPress, Site Templates, Joomla, etc. Having someone who knows these platforms like the back of their hand I believe is crucial, although I don’t really think they look at code, but more of the visual aspects of a theme. TF gets a ton of submissions and I know they cannot approve everyone of them, otherwise authors would be on page one for about 5 minutes, lol :)

Here’s an example…on the wordpress site’s free themes listings, your submission takes about 5 weeks to get reviewed. However, the difference here is that the volunteers work their butts off as well and have a lot of guidelines to review each theme (especially coding standards). If one gets rejected, they definitely give you very detailed feedback of “what and why” and possibly with solutions.

Imagine if they did that at TF with just a couple reviewers….but I think both reviewers here are very tired and probably wouldn’t mind a few added to help take the load off and as I mentioned, I think there should be a reviewer per category (at least for the main categories). The overload is probably why rejection emails are form letters (press of a reject button) to make the job go faster, lol.

by
by
by
by
by
by