• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
hansv says

Today, I tried to search for articles or news about Envato or any of the Marketplaces on important or well known News sites.

I was wondering. How come there are always small news from the internet that make it all the way to CNN or the New York Times…. and something like Flashden, for example, has not been featured there? (At least on CNN ’s technology and internet section… )

I would have expected… that something like Digitalscience’s achievement would have been worth writing about…(that much earnings through the internet and thanks to Flash items… ) or the fact that Envato has grown that much and earns a lot on digital items… (you have to think about it…. thanks to their concept they are earning a lot…... with digital goods)

Have you guys seen articles or news about the marketplaces on printed media or in the internet site of important News Companys?

I found only one article….. and the site is not that known….

This is one about flashden: Read here

8114 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

In general theres no news like bad news, so lets hope envato dont get into the press :P

Regarding accomplishments there was an article a while ago when a member of iStock sold over 1 million, DS aint quite there yet :P :D

496 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JType says
In general theres no news like bad news, so lets hope envato dont get into the press :P

On the other hand, many people say, “all publicity is good publicity”. :)

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+4 more

In that case then i’m gonna streak at Wimbledon with flashden.net written on my back, I may even include my referal id :P:D

get us lots more sales :)

arquitectostyles
arquitectostyles Recent Posts
Threads Started
153 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Mexico
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
arquitectostyles says
In that case then i’m gonna streak at Wimbledon with flashden.net written on my back, I may even include my referal id :P:D get us lots more sales :)

You take Wimbledon, i got the NBA Finals!

1125 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
hansv says

haha…. lol. I will be waiting to hear the news about guy who ran through the tennis court naked with just his referral link written on his back. Or a streaker on the NBA finals….. :-D

OR… you guys could do it live on the news… like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1iqvQN0Ho

97 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
magillu says

I haven’t seen istockphoto on the news, I don’t expect to see Envato there either. Maybe it’s a marketing thing from inside the company but the internet is a big place. I think that in order for a site to be featured it has to do a lot more than just exist and have decent earnings. It first has to be really big, Envato isn’t that big yet. It also has to be somewhat revolutionary in one way or another or provide a service that people really need at the time the newscast is made (like Elance, which is a freelancing site and has been featured on several news stations bc working remotely has become a huge trend these past couple of years).

1173 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Motionreactor says

In that case then i’m gonna streak at Wimbledon with flashden.net written on my back, I may even include my referal id :P:D

get us lots more sales :)

Yeah don’t forget that referral ID… you’ll need all the cash you can get for bail.

988 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says

i am going to say it again untill some site administrator get pist off and say they are going to inform the DEVs to implement this…you guys must implement social bookmark icons within the item display page and hire some real marketers to advertise envato sites. You was asking why when a search on google is performed, the first results never belong to envato…well, this is the reason…you dont have backlinks and your link populary sucks. Other marketplaces rank better coz they know the rules of the SEO GAME . It is great, marketplace is managed by part time workers, workers that are actually authors them self, but this is not an kids game…you need serious markets that are agressive on advertising and know what they are doing. Instead asking your authors “how do you advertise your items?” (which i personaly find so stupid question…we dont need to dvertise and this is the reason we pay you 60% commission, to benefit from the traffic you drive!!), you schould improve the site features. Implement serious functions, start to use the power of Twitter e-Commerce tools, start to use the power of Bookmark Engines, submit your site to any single search engine that ever exist, market your affiliate program and all other things that will make the name “envato” remarkable on the web. With the recent methods envato sites will never get on the news and no one will even know this marketplace exist…only real fans that stick on here due to the cost of items as there is no other place on web where you can get such cool stuff for cents. Sory been so bitc*y, but that the reality and how i really feel…get on work please other wise soon you are going to lose your Brand Names that actually makes you the bucks…authors will start to leave this place if you dont make some improvements soon.

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
i am going to say it again untill some site administrator get pist off and say they are going to inform the DEVs to implement this…you guys must implement social bookmark icons within the item display page

for once (and it may only be once) I completely agree with you :D

I think this will come within the redesign though so patience my friend :)

by
by
by
by
by
by