516 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
SiliconWorldAD says

Since your files are already stored on the Envato site, wouldn’t it be convenient that if you lost your computer or it crashed that instead of having to spend hundreds of dollars buying your files back from yourself that you could simply download your own files if your logged into your account for free? I think that’s a good plan.

5565 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

You can already do that :D

516 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
SiliconWorldAD says

Oh wow I never noticed that, maybe make the text bigger?...well it’s good Envato’s thinking ahead.

933 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

WTF? I’ve been here since 2009 and have never noticed that either. Well, that will probably come in handy.

205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
TJMusic says

Only the final files are stored on the marketplace. For the purpose of protecting the data, all project files and recordings of individual tracks should be backed up. I use a portable HD drive and additionally I burn DVDs with my project files for this purpose. One song may take up to 1GB of such files for me, if it’s recorded on many tracks. My network connection is weak even for uploading the final files, it would not work for uploading GBs of project files, and any network is slower than a local backup disc.

by
by
by
by
by
by