12 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Chrisbongers says

Hi,

For a project i am working on validating our customers purchase code.. This is not so harsh as ton of people did it before.

But now i verify only 1 item and since alot of people buy more items of us i don’t want them to validate everything by purchase key..

So i am looking for either one of these with the api..

1) Retrieve what the authenticated buyer also bought (every bought he made) But it think this is not possible because of privacy terms.

2) Retrieve all our buyers names (so we can check each name on the validated one.. Yeah this way is a bit extreme but that’s the best i could come up with.

Is this possible with the envato api, since there is no reference to this in the documentation?

4 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
wildphoenix says
http://marketplace.envato.com/api/documentation

In the bleeding edge they have a verify purchase method.

113 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Sneek says

WOW wildphoenix

12 posts
Chrisbongers says

Hi,

I allready have the verify option build in. But say someone bought 4 products off us. I can understand people don’t want to enter all 4 purchase codes just one should be enough. So if i validate one i want to be able to check if they bought other items of us.

Now talking about 4 products but this could be much more when working on other marketplaces..

122 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • United Kingdom
ian Staff says

Neither of those options are possible with the API , sorry.

1864 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

guys common, present purchase verification system is really fail. there must be more user friendly way how to proof the purchase by the users.

For example insert special button into the download section (or product page). If user hit the button, envato will call your page and send you purchase proof through POST method.

Or insert the purchase code into the download page, skip the certificate step pls.

I think that this is the biggest weakness of envato. Its so hard for developers to detect who bought their item, and so hard for users to cooperate. Lot of users are disgused by the verification.

I really appeal to you, developers, to solve this biggest envato problem and make our lives more livable :)

12 posts
Chrisbongers says

Really nice post Freshface i totally agree.

I was really hoping for a solution in the ways that i provided. Not really great but better then how we do it now.. We really have to ask all our customers to send us the verification mail. Just since that is the fastest way for now.

I hope Envato makes a upgrade for this.

12 posts
Chrisbongers says

After some research i found out that David Baker has it in his Ticket system:

Envato Integration I didn’t get a chance to complete Envato integration. This will allow envato marketplace authors (like myself) to use this plugin to provide support to their envato customres (like you). It will show a purchase history & envato username along side the ticket information. Also allowing your customers to select which envato product they require support for via the lightbox ticket form. Weo!! Get in quick, the price might rise when this is done.

How did he do it then? Any ideas?

Suggestions?

701 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
chrismccoy says
Chrisbongers said
Hi,

For a project i am working on validating our customers purchase code.. This is not so harsh as ton of people did it before.

But now i verify only 1 item and since alot of people buy more items of us i don’t want them to validate everything by purchase key..

So i am looking for either one of these with the api..

1) Retrieve what the authenticated buyer also bought (every bought he made) But it think this is not possible because of privacy terms.

2) Retrieve all our buyers names (so we can check each name on the validated one.. Yeah this way is a bit extreme but that’s the best i could come up with.

Is this possible with the envato api, since there is no reference to this in the documentation?

i would speak to dtbaker, i know he has this in some of his plugins

by
by
by
by
by
by