• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
majd_abdul says

I’ve just joined Elance.com as a provider with the FREE subscription. The whole (tedious) registration process left me with an impression that it’s a very professional site.

Does anyone here work through Elance? What is the work potential? Is it worth to register as a paying provider?

5763 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says
I’ve just joined Elance.com as a provider with the FREE subscription. The whole (tedious) registration process left me with an impression that it’s a very professional site. Does anyone here work through Elance? What is the work potential? Is it worth to register as a paying provider?

For almost past 30 months I am earning from there. I have taken only small Flash projects with budgets around $50 to 500. However you can see a wide range of budgets / clients there. Initially it may look very hard to take projects, but after getting your first 3-4 feedback reviews, you will have lot of opportunities.

No doubt, it is worth for the small subscription, so don’t look at the Water Cooler Forum as most of the comments are negative posts posted dry providers! Wait for your first project award for atleast 2-3 months (if needed :P). The only difficulty is competition from low currency value countries! (but note that 50% of the providers are from USA . If you are from India or Pakistan it will be well suited)

Just recently I decided stop taking projects from there (as well as from direct clients) as I found FD fits for me better.

715 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
majd_abdul says

Thanks VF for the information. I’m not gonna go anywhere near the water cooler! For the past month I’ve been checking out different sites with different “styles” of work. FD is really something special as it potentially lets you earn money while sleeping :D, But in the meanwhile I’m looking for a place to make small jobs and gain experience untill I rellease my SUPER MASSIVE ULTIMATE XML GALLERY !! Then I’ll be rich ;)

5763 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

:) The advantage of Elance and similar sites is we can meet numerous clients through a wide range of projects. So it is worthy to watch those sites / projects even if not going to take projects.

535 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
dimumurray says

Great places to get ideas for components and tools as well. Here are a few other places you might want to check out.
[ul]
[*]UltraShock
[*]Rent-a-Coder
[*]ODesk
[/ul]

by
by
by
by
by
by