8 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Snowy says

Good morning, I have several t-shirt designs that I would like to upload to make graphic river and myself some money. However, my first design was rejected saying that the design must be a vector. My design was originally created in Photoshop because 1) it’s a t-shirt so it can only get so big (before it’s not printed on a t-shirt anymore, which means it’s not being used for it’s intended purpose) and 2) it’s already created at the largest design for a t-shirt. Anything larger would mean the print would go off the sleeves etc.

I understand it is very convenient to have vectors available for the end user, however with newer print techniques such as Direct To Garment, the vector rule seems a little unnecessary/unfair.

Am I out of luck here?

1222 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Demorfoza says

What if your client wants to print your design on XXXXXL and you made it for XXXXXS? He will need to resize it and preparing your design in vector format is the best way to cover it. :)

8 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Snowy says

What if your client wants to print your design on XXXXXL and you made it for XXXXXS? He will need to resize it and preparing your design in vector format is the best way to cover it. :)

Well that is a valid point, however, if that were the case I’m sure the design would be rejected because it was only 2×2 pixels in the first place :)

In this case, my design is something like 19.5” x 14.5” – the largest pretty much any screen can go without being an “all over” print (which my design is simply not made for that).

I suppose I can just put it into Illustrator and Live Trace it? Is there anyway that I can edit a rejected submission?

1222 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Demorfoza says

I suppose I can just put it into Illustrator and Live Trace it? Is there anyway that I can edit a rejected submission?

Well, depending on complexity of your design, this may or may not work (or might be higly time consuming to prepare it). However I might be wrong here, so don’t take my word and just try it.

If it was hard-rejected, and you still want to upload it, then you need to reproduce it. There’s no way to edit your submission in this case.
8 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Snowy says

Thanks for your help – The design is only one color so I don’t see why I can’t just live trace it. #PhotoshopProblems

by
by
by
by
by
by