629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

Hey, I’ve submitted a few items before, and when they’ve been sent to the queue, I’ve either accidently left something out, updated the archive, or just want too add a comment. It’s frustrating to have to delete the item and resubmit it again, by which time, you might get bumped a few places up the queue.

So, I propose we can have an edit button next too delete which can be used to further edit the description, or comments to the reviewer.

Good idea or not?

Regards, Thecodingdude.

335 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
RikdeVos says
Thecodingdude said
It’s frustrating to have to delete the item and resubmit it again, by which time, you might get bumped a few places up the queue.

Are you really deleting and resubmitting the item everytime you update it? You can update all the files in the “Edit” tab and then click “Submit files for review”.

If you want to edit the description, go to the “Edit” tab, update the description textarea, and then click “Save changes”. There’s no need to upload the files again and it won’t be reviewed.

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Thecodingdude says
RikdeVos said
Thecodingdude said
It’s frustrating to have to delete the item and resubmit it again, by which time, you might get bumped a few places up the queue.

Are you really deleting and resubmitting the item everytime you update it? You can update all the files in the “Edit” tab and then click “Submit files for review”.

If you want to edit the description, go to the “Edit” tab, update the description textarea, and then click “Save changes”. There’s no need to upload the files again and it won’t be reviewed.

I think you misunderstood me.

When I submit it for reviewing (a brand new item), it’s in the queue (I’m not talking about an item that’s already been approved and I want too update it).

184 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
maxvarlson says
Thecodingdude said
So, I propose we can have an edit button next too delete which can be used to further edit the description, or comments to the reviewer. Good idea or not?

I think it is a good idea. But that edit button needs to be disabled when the reviewer is looking at this item.

335 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
RikdeVos says
Thecodingdude said
RikdeVos said
Thecodingdude said

I think you misunderstood me.

When I submit it for reviewing (a brand new item), it’s in the queue (I’m not talking about an item that’s already been approved and I want too update it).

Oh, I understand now :)

I don’t think this is necessary. Just make sure you double check all your files before submitting and don’t do everything as fast as possible – take your time. Submitting new files has been painless for me.

1676 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Tean says
Thecodingdude said
Hey, I’ve submitted a few items before, and when they’ve been sent to the queue, I’ve either accidently left something out, updated the archive, or just want too add a comment. It’s frustrating to have to delete the item and resubmit it again, by which time, you might get bumped a few places up the queue.

So, I propose we can have an edit button next too delete which can be used to further edit the description, or comments to the reviewer.

Good idea or not?

Regards, Thecodingdude.

This was suggested before and its really not a good idea for couple of reasons, one of them being that possibly authors would upload incomplete items just get in the que before.

Files should be ready when submitted for review.

What we are missing it the overwrite feature for the main que just like it is in the update que.

In the update que if you upload the same item again it will just overwrite the old one, holding the que place.

Not sure why the same feature is not present in the main que.

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Thecodingdude says
Tean said
Thecodingdude said

Good idea or not?

Regards, Thecodingdude.

This was suggested before and its really not a good idea for couple of reasons, one of them being that possibly authors would upload incomplete items just get in the que before.

Files should be ready when submitted for review.

What we are missing it the overwrite feature for the main que just like it is in the update que.

In the update que if you upload the same item again it will just overwrite the old one, holding the que place.

Not sure why the same feature is not present in the main que.

I can see where you’re coming from. What about allowing us to add a message to a reviewer whilst it’s in the queue?

184 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
maxvarlson says
Tean said

I did not thought about such a case. You are right.

79 posts
  • Kosovo
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
vuzzu says

I don’t think so. There shouldn’t be any extra comment field or any extra option. They can just overwrite without changing the que place, maybe there is an internal issue related to this thing I don’t think that Envato isn’t able to do the same thing to que items as it does to update items.

But however I love codecanyon as it is. Sometimes you must sacrifice something.

by
by
by
by
by
by