256 posts God always geometrizes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
kristijanf says

Hi!

I’ve noticed that some authors simply drag and drop drum loops out of their VST or AU instrument preset files ,without editing it even a bit (not even putting a cymbal here and there, just a loop repeating endlessly).

I am aware of the fact that it is the easiest and the most simple way of making instant music and putting it up for sale, but believe me, they are not gonna sale that good like those ones where you invest at least a bit of creative effort.

One possible scenario is that, suddenly, after a some certain period of time bunch of people have the same drum loops (or other kind of preset loop-drum machine loops are most common), in songs , which is definitely NOT GOOD . This is supposed to be a creative place.

And, last but not least, this kind of mistreating software is described in “out of the box files” section, and sometimes in the future,if (and i believe it will) audiojungle becomes the absolute no.1. giant of royalty free music, this type of instant files could, and probably will ruin reputation ,and even be considered illegal.

so, this was just some conclusion i wanted to share. Thanks!

Cheers!

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Hi Kris,

Seems like it’s hard to get sales on AJ these days, so only people who are pretty serious and taking some time with music will get much success. But maybe the reviewers can look out for tracks that use too many preset elements and not accept them. That would probably be impossible to do though I guess.

I hope AJ does become the number one site!

+5 more
kristijanf says

well i think that reviewers probably do reject a lot of files. That is what i heard from some authors on videohiwe, that the propositions and rules became a bit more demanding, and i approve that way . Look from the perspective of a buyer: The buyer could buy a file that is based on a preset loop of some familiar sound library or VST or AU instrument, without knowing what is the basis of that music material, use the material he/she bought legally with according license, and get into problems later, cause the author of that library preset can hear that preset is used in non-legal way. Then buyer has problems with stuff he purchased.

And that same buyer will have no more trust ,and will buy somewhere else… There was a situation that some videohiwe files were based on a tutorial. So, this is a kind of a similar problem on audiojungle marketplace..

217 posts Live Creative!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
BrownHouseMedia says

Kris,

I agree, it can be frustrating when you spend time on your tracks adding real instruments etc.. and see them get lost in a bunch of loop files. Maybe AJ should consider creating a premium collection that pulls the best files and highlights them to customers. Istockphoto has done this with their vetta photo collection.

+5 more
kristijanf says

Kris, I agree, it can be frustrating when you spend time on your tracks adding real instruments etc.. and see them get lost in a bunch of loop files. Maybe AJ should consider creating a premium collection that pulls the best files and highlights them to customers. Istockphoto has done this with their vetta photo collection.

I am glad that you realize the problem. On videohiwe ,situations is somehow , more open. Bad files do get bad critics. And authors just do not dare to do such thing again. We are a friendly marketplace, of course, but this way of musical creationism isn’t friendly for other good working authors, and not friendly at all to whole audio market .

3732 posts
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I think maybe audio jungle has got too saturated at the moment. For the most popular genres, the reviewers could be more strict, and only accept particularly good tracks, or tracks that offer something unique. This has happened in the other marketplaces, as they build up and some popular items and styles just get too filled up, like with bokeh backgrounds on graphic river :)

+5 more
kristijanf says

well i hope this thread will help our voice to be heard, and marketplace improved the way i think is good !

217 posts Live Creative!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
BrownHouseMedia says

Its not really scientific but if you look at the entire music category there are 627 pages of music items but only 331 pages of items that have any sales at all. Almost 50% of the items in the library have not sold at all.

I do have a question that maybe someone on staff can answer, in what order are the searched for items returned, what weighting does your system use to figure out the best files to return to the consumer.

It is in all of our best interest as writers in partnership with AJ to make sure the customer can quickly and easily find high quality sound files that fit their needs.

+5 more
kristijanf says

for start, files can easily get some kind of a quality badge -professional ,semi-professional and amateur rank. ..so the customer finds the quality ,and we all try a bit more to get as higher as possible… that is some idea of mine that could be considered. or putting non-sold items into bargain basement type of offer, so that some good non sold files could start working. or limiting weekly number of uploads per author. iStock (i think) did this limiting thing.

3732 posts
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I think a move to make the marketplace less saturated would be positive. At the moment files disappear down the listings quicker than a Bavarian humppa band downing a jug of mead. * I might have mixed some metaphors there.

by
by
by
by
by
by