336 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Tamixes says

As some of us will spend a loooong time waiting to open our Birthday Bundles (due to painfully slow download speeds).

Can anyone recommend some good accelerators (other than a round trip to Romania) to speed up our downloads.

389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
RZDESIGN says

http://www.speedbit.com/ maybe something?

1724 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says
As some of us will spend a loooong time waiting to open our Birthday Bundles (due to painfully slow download speeds). Can anyone recommend some good accelerators (other than a round trip to Romania) to speed up our downloads.

It’s not advised to used those for envato downloads.

336 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Tamixes says
As some of us will spend a loooong time waiting to open our Birthday Bundles (due to painfully slow download speeds). Can anyone recommend some good accelerators (other than a round trip to Romania) to speed up our downloads.
It’s not advised to used those for envato downloads.

:( suppose I’ll have to do it the old fashioned way then…

178 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
JinWook says

Technically you can’t really accelerate downloads. A download manager can make use of an improved bandwidth allocation algorithm though.

I use Chrome, built in DL manager works nicely. Then again if it’s some insanely large item I just start it at 1am and goto bed ’:|

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Hey Everyone,

I strongly advise you not to use download managers/accelerators on the marketplaces. Doing so can flood the server and cause your download limit for that day to be reached.

Please see here for more details – http://themeforest.net/wiki/buying/support-buying/download-managers/

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

If you know what you’re doing, a download manager can be quite helpful for slower connections. Just set it to only make one connection to the server and then you’ll be able to take advantage of the other features download managers offer (like resumed downloading, etc). If you’re not familiar with how to do this though, look it up before you start using one as per the warnings at the page Drew posted. I think newer browsers have pause/resume capabilities anyway though.

I use Speed Download 5 for Mac. A single connection to the server usually provides plenty of download speed. Although, I’ll be honest, I use more than one connection when reviewing so I can download submissions as fast as possible to spend more time actually reviewing the file. That’s just for work files though.

by
by
by
by
by
by