18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Najoh says

Hi,

I sent a nice plugin on CodeCanyon and the only answer i’ve got is :

1) We do not accept monetizing scripts of this kind.

After a year of tests and 150 hours of programming i don’t understand the “kind” thing, what this mean ?

I sent this description with the plugin and a few screenshots, it’s a plugin to replace keywords by links, tested for a year working very well on huge sites, please help me understand :

XSAL Cloaker Pro for WordPress – Premium plugin

The new version of the plugin allows you to cloak links using IPs, we provide the full list of Google IPs so you can start using our plugin in seconds. The most powerfull cloaking tool for Wordpress. Also includes all the options listed above.

Compatible with the last version of Wordpress (3.0.1)

DEMO : http://demo.xev.com/ ADMIN : http://demo.xev.com/wp-admin/

User : XevAdmin Passe : XevPasse

To check the cloaking features i have added a user agent, use xevseotest as an user agent to try it.

We have developed a Wordpress plugin that turns specific keywords into links on the fly without modifying the database. It allows you to link these keywords to your internal pages or your sponsors and displays an optional tooltip (the bubble) with or without html, you can also hide links with the Cloaker so Google won’t know you are linking to some sites.

The plugin is now Available for sale. Non-encrypted with clear PHP code.

1. Automatic links created on the fly on your articles pages & Wordpress 2. Adding unlimited words / sentences & groups of words 3. Option case sensitive or not 4. Added by groups of words (eg filtration, filter & filters can be considered as one word and thus be replaced only once instead of ending up with 3 links to the filters) 5. Ability to define how often a word should be replaced on the same page (0 for all) 6. Possibility to define the title attribute of link option 7. Possibility to define the link target (_blank, _self, etc.) 8. Possibility to define the rel link (nofollow, external, etc.) 9. No link to the current page (if you’re on the index.html page keyword does not point to index.html) 10. No bug accents or encoding or with apostrophes 11. Not replace php code, javascript or another, this only replace the text 12. No bugs with the singular and plural, head will not cut the word heads 13. No bugs with words that might alienate other, design will not cut redesigned 14. Adding a CSS style on each link in option and fully customizable 15. Advanced replacement algorithm, the long strings are automatically priority on smalls 16. Add / Edit / Remove links from the admin console 17. Ability to define whether or not a bubble of information must be associated to a link 18. Can use html in the bubble 19. Possibility to define the size of the bubble (CSS) 20. Possibility to define a style for the bubbles to customize your site at maximum (CSS) 21. Simple installation of the plugin on wordpress: Upload & Activation 22. Monitoring http://xev.com/forum/ plugin on the official forum in English and French 23. Clean code in PHP 5 object 24. Free Updates 25. Full list of Google IP crawlers 26. Hide links by IP (Cloaking feature) 26. Hide links by user agent (This option is not recommended as anyone can change the user agent)

How to use the plugin ?

This plugin is a formidable weapon for referencing & monetizing your traffic, you can manage all your internal and external links on one page quickly and efficiently, the tooltip allows you to display additional information useful to users.

+ Manage your internal links to deep pages on the keywords and phrases of your choice - Optimal referencing with links in the text, increase your page views & revenue.

+ Manage affiliate links to your sponsors on the keywords and phrases of your choice - Whatever is your product there are certainly keywords you can automatically link with this plugin and then increase the ROI to your sponsors and your income, you can also use the Cloaker feature to hide these links to search engines.

+ Exchange links & referencing between blogs - For example, i can link some of my keywords to your blog and you can link some of your keywords to my blog, in-text links are very important for Google.

Considerable saving of time to manage your internal links and if you ever want to move a page you do not have to touch up hundreds of items to change links, one click is enough, like if a sponsor disappears tomorrow, you can change all your links in minutes instead of doing that manually on each of your items.

Our official forum is http://xev.com/forum/ it’s a french board but you can also write in english if you have any problem.

IMPORTANT : Do not use the cloaker features if you use WP super cache or any cache related system. If you don’t use the Cloaker then you can use Caching without any problem.

We have tested this plugin for a full year on the french market, hundreds of customers have tested this plugin and are fully satisfied. Now this plugin is available for all only on CodeCanyon.

962 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

May be because the entire demo is in a different language??

18 posts
Najoh says

The demo is in all languages, You can post an english post and then add your english keywords.

6 posts
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Located in Switzerland
irieman says

It’s because any site using your plugin could be removed from Google’s index. Also note that Google isn’t the only search engine that will remove sites from their index if they are caught using such techniques.

There are many articles on the Internet that explain why this is a VERY bad idea, but I’ll just quote one from Google:

Cloaking refers to the practice of presenting different content or URLs to users and search engines. Serving up different results based on user agent may cause your site to be perceived as deceptive and removed from the Google index.
Google’s aim is to give our users the most valuable and relevant search results. Therefore, we frown on practices that are designed to manipulate search engines and deceive users by directing them to sites other than the ones they selected, and that provide content solely for the benefit of search engines. Google may take action on doorway sites and other sites making use of these deceptive practice, including removing these sites from the Google index.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66355

18 posts
Najoh says

This is only a small function, it can be removed from the plugin in 10 seconds. It’s doesn’t cloak content but links. Google won’t you to link to affiliate websites for example because it boost their rank. With this plugin you can cloak these links. It’s like a NoFollow.

I’ve got a response from the moderator and it appears the problem wasn’t the “hide by ip” function but a misunderstanding in my description.

He tought this plugin it was designed to create links on the fly to make a lot of spam. This plugin doesn’t do that. I can’t blame him because my description wasn’t clear indeed. You need to add MANUALLY the links and they will appear on the blog, that’s all. It’s just a “link manager” and not a “link generator”.

I’m resubmitting the plugin right now, we will see what happens.

6 posts
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Located in Switzerland
irieman says

I’m glad to hear that was not the reason why your plugin wasn’t accepted.

However, I’m also glad that the function can be disabled, as that is one of the main reasons for being penalized by Google.

What you are offering is a way to try and manipulate PageRank by not showing the links to Google’s search bot then displaying them for the users. Cloaking is considered to be a black hat SEO technique and most abuse is made on links to other websites, trying to retain the PageRank of the linking page.

Personally I don’t think that it’s worth the trouble to use this technique, you should always use nofollow instead and avoid the risk of being excluded from the search results.

18 posts
Najoh says

If it don’t pass the moderation team of codecanyon i will remove the function, in fact i already have a version without any cloaking in it. It’s a new feature of the plugin in the last version.

We are using this plugin for a year now and doing updates, i though it was a good idea to add the cloaker but if i was wrong it’s not a problem, it took us only an hour to add the function it’s not the main feature of the plugin.

by
by
by
by
by
by