1470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with a “tip jar” on your profile. They have them at bars. The bartender is paid to give you a drink, but you have the option to tip them according to their service. As an author, I definitely wouldn’t promote it because then it would become a “begging jar”. :)

Thanks for everyones input so far. It’s great to hear your ideas and opinions.

456 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
godonholiday says
Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with a “tip jar” on your profile. They have them at bars. The bartender is paid to give you a drink, but you have the option to tip them according to their service. As an author, I definitely wouldn’t promote it because then it would become a “begging jar”. :) Thanks for everyones input so far. It’s great to hear your ideas and opinions.

Have the option? I’ve been to the states, trust me if you dont tip you are in for a hell of a night?!

Anyway, as it was mentioned before, a lot of authors already have these on their profile page. Its a good idea, but I think it is up to the author to implement it.

1470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says
Have the option? I’ve been to the states, trust me if you dont tip you are in for a hell of a night?! Anyway, as it was mentioned before, a lot of authors already have these on their profile page. Its a good idea, but I think it is up to the author to implement it.

lol. Good point. If you don’t tip then you’ll be waiting a while for your beer. :)

When I can actually get something approved, I’ll stick a donation button on my profile. Probably better to just keep it this way so envato doesn’t start taking a cut from it.

412 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says

Donations can be a sensitive issue. On the few occasions I accepted donations, it was after completing long tiresome processes of customer support on items of mine (I would never accept any in advance or spend less effort on support to other customers for financial reasons). But buyers should beware not to see donations as a substitute or prepayment for customer support by the item creator itself. Some authors or freelancers have income from freelance / customization projects on items and donations shouldn’t be used to get a cheap way or alternative to get a customization project/work done. The idea is nice in itself, showing extra appreciation to authors, as long as it’s done with this motive/reason.

by
by
by
by
by
by