1034 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BenSheppard says

Just curious if I could have some of your thoughts, I’m coming up with a little website that’ll help become organised and work with clients and colleagues more. It seems to be all the “good” domains are taken

Just wondering what issues if any you’ve had from using a .net or different

Or using a different variation / something completely random to the amount of hits

962 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Ireland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
EireStudio says

I have been using a .net for my main site for 8 years, no real “issues” apart from some people think it’s a .ie

69 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Mahioo says

Yes, the most of people (Include me) when they search for a domain name, he stop when he see the .com Taken, and we always underestimate ”.net” extension and others. Themeforest use the .net as principal domain, if you type it with .com, you’ll redirected to .net, and if we think why we underestimate this extension, I think that the answer is the visitors! If you tell your friend I have a website called “Something”, he is either go and type something.com intuitively or he go to Google and type “something”, so this is the reason I think ..

What I suggest is to take a brainstorm reset until you find a name that doesn’t taken, and I think you’ll say later “Oh, thanks god because I didn’t find the old domain available” :)

1034 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

Didn’t even notice themeforest was .net! I always type the and chrome does the rest! It’s good to see .net seems to be working so well for people :)

by
by
by
by
by
by