43 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
sebastian6 says

I’m so excited to be a part of this community, even with my paltry 8 sales, I feel hopeful about the future. I really look forward to laying down new tracks each week!

But the part I’m sort of dreading is the busywork of creating audio videos on YT/Vimeo, creating a FB page, figuring out a WP theme and getting my own page. These are all intensive endeavors for me- I don’t know how you guys even figure out how to make such wonderful buttons on your profile and song.

I guess what I’m saying is that I’m a little overwhelmed with the amount of HTML staring me in the face.

Does anyone A) Know if these promotion methods lead to sales? And if so, what have you had luck with? And B) What is your routine for adding buttons and packs to your profile?

Any point in the right direction is much appreciated.

Thanks, Sebastian6

71 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Diesel_J says

I’ve often thought the same. I may be wrong but I’ve seen some authors boasting 2000 + sales with 3 referals… I don’t know if those referals refer to actual conversions but that’s a terrible ratio. In most affiliate programs 1:200 is phenomenal as a conversion rate. I don’t know what “ideal” ratios are for royalty music affiliate programs.

Call me dumb, but I like refer programs that boast 50% comission rate for life and a 30 day cookie. Anything less is a waste of time.

611 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
Basspartout says

Hey Sebastian :)
I felt exactly the same way (and often still do). Just take it one step at a time. It took me almost three month to find a design I’m finally happy with for example. I spend lots of time with the old Corel Draw 8 (yeah, still using the version from 1998, haha ) to make avatars and logo banners, collection buttons etc.
I started only last month with twitter and facebook, still getting into that.
Although I have a wordpress blog included with my provider, I found it too overwhelming and luckily found weebly.com as a place to build a simple homepage easily. (thanks to sweetwaveaudio). Check out weebly – even with the free version, it’s so easy drag and drop and supereasy to include the AJ Player or youtube vids. (I’m not affiliated with weebly nor do I get any money for it, so it’s purely a personal recommendation)
So basically, apart from polishing up my AJ profile page and item pages, I do youtube vids (simple with windows movie maker), twitter and facebook when I upload a new item.
Hope that helps a little, if you have more questions feel free to email me :)
Greetings, Basspartout

PS: sales increase at the moment but i bet that’s still the effect from my weekly featured item. too early i guess for twitter or facebook to have an effect.

50 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
Kerosene-Music says

I would say it helps in the long run but I’d do it little by little. I don’t think it’s the most important thing, and higher ranking authors that Ive asked, point more towards quality and you finding your own niche that works for you. Do the Twitter thing you tube ect….but concentrate more on quality tracks and the rest will fall into place. I’m still learning myself with about 50 sales between my two portfolios here, So I have along way to go, but I’m keen at learning. A statement that resonated with me is would you yourself pay money for that track? That got me thinking, and I’ll be taking a good hard look at my portfolios and anything not worth 5 stars is gonna get yanked.

409 posts
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
joesacco says

The short answer is no, from my experience. It does not directly correlate to any sort of increase in sales. Unless maybe you have a significant amount views to your channel or page where people are specifically looking for stock music, it’s probably a waste of time.

43 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
sebastian6 says

joesacco-

I really LOVE your banner! Very cool jazz, Saul Bass! Very cool design!

-sebastian6

409 posts
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
joesacco says

Thanks sebastian6! It was custom made by a couple friends of mine who are authors here on the marketplace. They did a great job with it.

by
by
by
by
by
by